Chapter 1 ✔️

—————
—Althea
—————

My first day at Forks High School. What a joy? I honestly don't see why Christian insisted that I attend high school. Yes, I am 17 years old, but I graduated back when I was 11 years old and living in Pittsburg. From there, I got my Master's degree in BioChemistry, leading me to apply to get my Ph.D. at either Harvard, Stanford or Cambridge grad school when I turn 18 years old.

Apparently it's to help me blend in. As if a genius with a French accent will blend in with a bunch of naive, arrogant Americans that are in High School.

I don't know what it is about Americans, but they practically swoon over you if you have a British accent, French accent, or an Italian accent. That's why I'm thankful that Isaac scares them off.

"Are you ready?" Isaac asked curiously as he pulled into the High school parking lot where many people already crowded. With how low the population is in this town, I'd say nearly a quarter went to this school. Mainly since there was only 2 high schools in this town. Forks High School and La Push Reservation.

"I'm completely and utterly overjoyed." I remarked sarcastically in his direction as he parked the car. The second his hand left the steering wheel, he flicked the side of my head, causing a sting as his fingers hit my temple. "Ow!" I rubbed my head as he chuckled with pleasure.

"Don't give me sarcastic responses then." He grinned, so I rolled my eyes. He was a dickhead, but I loved him.

"Don't ask me stupid questions then." I retorted as I unclipped my seatbelt and climbed out of his shiny white Volvo. He followed by climbing out of the car and walking over to my side of it, probably to give me a stupid lecture.

"Okay, I have some rules." And here we go. "Watch the attitude. People aren't as used to it as I am, and I don't want to take you home and explain to my dad how you got a black eye." I rolled my eyes.

If someone gave me a black eye, they'd have to be pretty fucking good at fighting for starters, and they themselves would have much worse than a black eye as a result of it. I sound arrogant, but Isaac and my mother taught me how to fight. I also have a working knowledge of the brain, so I have my own little way of confusing and tricking people to get the upper hand in a fight against someone bigger than me. "What else?" I huffed.

"Don't date anyone of the football team or basketball team. They're all arseholes and will try to use you."

"As if I could get that far. If one so much as breathed in my direction you'd probably knock them out. It'd be a challenge to do so much as talk to them, let alone date. I'm also 100% certain you mean everyone and not just the football and basketball players." I deadpanned. He knew what I was saying was true as well because he had a smug grin wiped over his annoying pale face.

"You also have to make friends. You're social life is tragic and you need some people to bring life into it before it falls dead out of the sky." Isaac insulted, which made me kind of want to hit him.

No, I definitely want to hit him.

"If you can find a candidate that isn't as dumb as a brick wall and can challenge me on an intellectual level, I'll be there friend." I said, knowing very well that those are difficult standards to find. I have an IQ of 194. Finding someone to challenge that would be no easy task.