Chapter 21 ✔️

—————
Althea
—————

My eyes feel like they are deceiving me with the words that I am reading.

No part of me believes that any of this could possibly be true.

Descendants of Oriana Villios are forever doomed to be on the run. She damned those that seemed strength and unmatched power, cursing them with lives where sunlight may not touch their skin and a craving for blood will become their obsession. Others will be forced to live among the creatures of the forest on the night of the full moon as a wolf.

My ancestor created the curse upon vampires and werewolves...

The curse can only be broken by a true ancestor of Oriana Villios, the one who possesses Althea's pure blood running through the veins, must have it spilled by the hand of the species who want the curse lifted. When this ancestor will become flesh and blood is known to none, but when she does, the world must be ready as she will damn the world once more if her blood is not spilled.

My heart sank at what I read. This is why my mother was killed. Each one of my ancestors died at the hands of either a vampire or werewolf in hopes of the curse being lifted, though none were true ancestors.

The pages started to flip wildly for a moment, landing on another with a drawing.

"That's you." My brother spoke, his eyes on the photo that sat before my eyes. The name beneath it read Oriana Villios.

I reached to place my hand on the photo but the pages flipped once more.

Je suis celui qui est vrai. Mon sang est pur comme le sien et ça ne sera pas répandre!

The room began to glow a dim red and my body fell limp to the floor, though my consciousness remained as if I had become paralysed.

I could see Isaac and Jasper look at me with worry and panic, moving to help me, but despite my wanting to cry for help, instead, the only word that left my lips was "don't". With that, they were stuck. Stood in place, unable to move.

—————

I blinked my eyes open, realising that I must have lost consciousness at one point or another.

Thankfully, I could now move, and I was able to sit up, a groan escaping my lips and my bones ached as though I had been beaten.

"Shit," I grumbled, rolling my shoulder, which hurt more than I'd admit, since not moving would only cause my bones to ache more.

"Althea, thank God." Isaac caged me into a tight hug, which I attempted to push away from.

"Isaac, let go of me. My whole body hurts." I informed, to which he let go, apologising before stepping back.

That's when I realised that I was in a different location. I was no longer in the old library where the three of us previously were.

"How'd I get here?" I asked, looking at my surroundings, not recognising it at all.

"You don't remember?" Jasper wondered, his eyes growing concerned.

"Obviously not." I answered, rolling my eyes and immediately regretting it. "Sorry," I spoke, taking a deep breath as I waited for them to explain.

"You told us to follow you here. We walked for like an hour." Jasper answered, and I felt my face drop. What?

I pulled myself to my feet and had a look around the room that I was in.

It was a living room, and I was just laid on the sofa, or at least, I think I was. My head feels like it is spinning.

"Do either of you two recognise this place?" I asked. Jasper shook his head, but Isaac's face went paler than before. "Isaac?" I spoke, a warning tone in my voice as he gestured for me to follow.

I did so, following him up the stairs and into a bedroom that stopped me dead in my tracks. Not because I recognised it, but because a picture of me and my mother sat on the nightstand.

"What the fuck?" I spoke, rushing over to it and holding it tightly in my hands as I recalled the day the photo had been taken. My second birthday.

What the fuck is it doing here? I thought, dragging my thumb over my mothers face.

"Isaac, you better start fucking explaining." I don't know what was going on, why I couldn't contain my anger, but I needed to know why the hell was happening. I needed to know.

"This is your mothers house. This is where she'd stayed before you were born, and where you'd visit when you were young. When our parents first met." I could feel the tears burning my eyes, but I forced them not to fall, composing myself as I usually would.

"I want to go. I do not want to be here. Sortez-moi d'ici." Get me out of here. I demanded, feeling a searing pain in my chest where the necklace rested against the skin of my neck. I don't remember putting it back on, but it apparently has a mind of its own.

"Althea, take the necklace off. It's hurting you." Isaac said, and my eyes immediately snapped into his direction. "Your eyes are red." He choked out, startled by my eyes.

"For the love of God, would you shut up!" I yelled, not recognising my voice as my own as I walked out of the room with feet that didn't feel like mine and an attitude I wished didn't come from me.

I found myself walking towards a locked room, and with one simple whisper, the lock fell off and I pushed the door open. It felt as though I was possessed. No longer in control of my own body as I stepped inside.

My eyes scanned the room once and I made myself towards a wooden box that sat on top of a box on top of a set of drawers beside a child's bed.

I whispered a chant that I didn't recognise and the box opened to reveal a small journal.

That's when I finally regained control of myself, and I unconsciously reached for the journal like I was drawn to it, turning around to where Jasper and Isaac stood.

"Isaac..." I struggled to form the words that came next. "We need to go to Port Angeles." My throat closed up at the thought of returning.

"Althea—"

"I need to speak to Ryan."

Those are words I never thought I'd have to utter.

—————

a/n: Is it just me who likes short chapters or is it a collective agreement, because I am so much more motivated to read short chapters.