Chapter 3 ✔️

—————
—Althea
—————

It's been a week since I moved to Forks and I'll be honest, it's not half bad. It's not Honfleur, but then again nothing can compare to that place.

Me and Bella have gotten closer, and I'd actually class her as a friend now. We don't usually hang out at school though because I'm not a big fan of the group she hangs out with. We usually meet up afterwards for coffee.

I talk with the Cullens fairly often, except Jasper. I only really speak to him in BioChem and English, since we sit beside each other in those classes, and even then, our conversations are limited. At lunch, he usually doesn't talk to me.

I talk most to Rosalie. She has quite a tough exterior when it comes to other people, but she seemed to be quite friendly towards me, which I liked.

I was heading towards the library since I had a free period and I was going to see what the schools library looked like, and if it was any good.

However, I didn't make it that far, because I found myself stopping outside the art room and looking inside.

That's where I saw Jasper's back facing the doorway where I stood. He was painting. I couldn't see what because his stature blocked it, but the way he moved his hands so steadily and carefully, it had to be good. It reminded me of when I used to watch my mother paint.

"Are you just going to stand at the door and stare?" He asked, hearing me stood near the door. He didn't even turn around to see who it was.

"I'm not staring. I'm observing with slight admiration." I corrected as I walked closer, stopping once I reached the table to the right of him and sat on it. He was painting on a canvas that was held up by an easel.

"Staring," he grinned as he glanced back at me for a moment, though I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at what he was painting.

"Who are you painting?" I asked, not wanting to assume who it was, just in case.

"That depends. Do you think it's good?" He responded, making me want to smile.

"Très bien." I answered, causing him to look at me.

"Translation?" He asked. I should remember that they don't know French.

"Very good,"

"It's you." He answered with slight embarrassment, seemingly worried about my response.

"Who would it have been if I said no?" I asked with a grin.

"Still you, but I'd be embarrassed." He answered quietly.

"Good thing you're a very good artist then." I said as I jumped down off the table.

"How come you haven't done the mouth yet?" I asked, noticing that he'd done my other facial features, except my mouth.

"I wanted to paint a smile, but I haven't seen you smile." He replied which made me look down at my feet.

"Paint what you think it looks like," I said quietly as he followed what I said. "Have you always been into art?" I decided to ask while he painted.