Chapter 2 ✔️

—————
—Jasper
—————

A beautiful girl came and sat down at our lunch table today. Her hair was dark black and cascaded beautifully over her shoulders. Her eyes were the most beautiful crystal blue. They looked like they could be portals to heaven. That could be a little over-exaggerative, but my God. If you looked into them, you'd get lost in a whole other dimension.

Her skin is flawless and rosy, with a few freckles and beauty marks decorating it. Her nose was slightly upturned and her lips were full and rosy.

She's exactly like the girl that Alice described and drew a picture of from one of her visions. She told me that this girl was my soulmate. She told me that her name was Althea. She didn't tell me that she was Isaac's little sister.

"Hello," she uttered. Her voice with her accent with her face. She was perfect. Everything about her was beautiful. Every part of me wants to get to know her.

I want to know everything about her. I want to be her friend first, then I want to fall in love with her, and I want her to fall in love with me. It won't be easy though. I'm an immortal vampire and she's an intellectual, mortal human.

Her brother bragged about how smart she was all of the time. He made me want to meet his sister, and I'm glad I finally have, because I wasn't expecting to meet my supposed soulmate yet. I can't believe that my apparent soulmate is my best friends little sister.

However, I don't want to betray Isaac. He asked that we protect his sister from guys and any girls that may have bad intentions. He made it clear that she was off limits to everyone, which made me wonder. She might have a boyfriend back in France that she has a long-distance thing with, or maybe Isaac just didn't want her dating. Either way, I've heard him threaten every guy that spoke about her today in any way that can be interpreted as a compliment or in any way shows interest in her.

"Althea, these are the Cullens. Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward, and my best friend, Jasper." Isaac introduced us to her. Emmett already had the biggest smile on his face. He loved meeting new people. Especially people that differed from what he was used to. A genius, who was aware of the existence of vampires was definitely someone he looked forward to meeting.

"Well, it's nice to meet all of you." She spoke with a friendly tone, but with the absence of a smile. I suppose she doesn't do that much.

I can feel that she's anxious. She's a little socially awkward, that was for sure, but it was sweet. I want to speak to her, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. She quite literally has me speechless. All I can do is try and read her.

She's noticed that I haven't taken my eyes of her. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Maybe she knows that I am trying to read her, because it's like she's put up a shield now. Like she's trying to hide everything she can. Her emotions more specifically. It's a good thing I don't need to read social cues to know what people are feeling. I can sense it, and sometimes even feel it myself. That's how I know that she is anxious.

I don't know if she'll hate me for this, but I can also manipulate how someone feels, so I'm just going to get her to relax a little. I don't want her to feel like she's pressured. I want her to know that she's safe here.

She seems to know what I've done because she turned to look at me again.

"Where was you born?" I decided to ask, so that everyone could get to know Althea a little better.