Chapter 24 ✔️

—————
—Althea
—————

"Shut. Up," I growl, my temper almost suffocating.

"Don't be so harsh. Let me see Oriana." Ryan asks and I gasp once as I feel a sharp pain fire up my nerves. I had to push it down with all the strength I had.

"Ohh, you're holding back. Such a shame." He grinned, dragging his hand up my arm and my neck until it reached my ear, tucking my hair behind it. I shiver in response. I hate his touch.

"I don't know who Oriana is." I lie, making Ryan chuckle. There's no way that Jasper is okay. He would have realised something was wrong by now and made his way down here. What has happened to him? What the hell has Ryan done?

"Oh, baby, don't play dumb. You are so far from dumb." I feel his cold words against my hot skin.

I stay silent. I have nothing to say. I don't know what I would say if I did. His laugh is louder now.

"Let her out." He unsheathes a knife and goes to slice my arm with it, but I am much quicker now than I was when we last encountered each other, so I'm able to knock the knife from his hand, pinning his arm to his side.

Another thing about drinking my blood, it makes you vulnerable to me. His vampire strength has no effect on me. He's essentially human under my touch.

I see his mask of confidence drop for a split second as he goes to move his hand but fails.

"What is Oriana, and why do you want her?" I growl, my glare deadly, my tone sharp, my eyes red. He smirks in response.

"You really haven't put the pieces together yet? You haven't figured it out. I must have given your intelligence a little too much credit." He chuckled and I grind my teeth as I refrain from stabbing him.

I have my dagger strapped to my leg, which sounds ridiculous, but Jasper made me put it on after Bella left. I need answers before I make any irrational decisions.

WITCH! A voice screams in my head, forcing a pain worse than I'd ever experienced shoot through me, and I falter. My grip slips, my knees buckle and my body aches. What the hell was that?

Ryan took that opportunity to retrieve the knife I had disarmed and went to stab my hand that rested on the floor with such a force that when I dodged it, the knife cracked the floor, practically going through it. Crazy bastard.

I got back to my feet, forcing myself to appear staring, even though the ache and the pain was so unbearable that my vision danced in and out of focus.

He came at me again, in an attempt to stab me. I do not know why he is trying to draw my blood, but it must have something to do with Oriana.

I dove his hits and managed to make my way to a cabinet where I had hidden one of the glass balls with the extract of my blood's scent inside. As I throw it, Ryan's hand goes around my neck and I slam into a wall, the knife pressed to my stomach, not yet piercing my skin.

The second it smashed, Ryan's eyes went wild and he spins quickly and runs to the scent, roasting as he tries to find where he believes my blood may have dropped, not realising yet that he had not even broken skin. Though he did bruise my skin.

My head turns and I see Jasper finally step down the stairs. I wanted to call out to him, but when his eyes met mine, they were blood red...

He's consumed human blood.

His eyes move towards Ryan, who is scrambling and dizzy, unable to comprehend the situation, and wishing a blink... he's not.

He's no longer dizzy. He no longer stood up. He's no longer confused...