Chapter 6 ✔️

—————
—Jasper
—————

Althea is supposed to be here in 5minutes. I don't know why I decided to invite her over to be totally honest.

I like her, I know that. I shouldn't like her. Not even slightly. She's my best friends sister for god sake. She has a bad attitude, she's closed off like she's built a wall around her that reaches the sky, she's insightful, she's beautiful, she's different. She's my complete opposite.

All she knows is vampires. Why would she ever chose one, and what's to stop Isaac from killing me if he found out I liked his sister. I've witnessed how he is when it comes to her. The fact i'm his best friend wouldn't matter if I made a move on her.

The only way that something could happen is if she initiated it and talked her brother into it, but even that would be arguable. He doesn't listen to her when it comes to her worth. He treats her like she's on a pedestal and nobody is good enough for her, and I couldn't agree more. I'm definitely not good enough for her, but I can try to be if I'm given the chance.

Knock... the second I heard someone knock the door once, I opened it almost instantaneously.

"Hey, come in." I quickly invited as she gave me a questioning look while walking past, taking off her jacket.

"It's like you was waiting with your hand on the door knob." She giggled with her face turned away from me. She always turns her face away when she laughs.

"I was sat in the living room." I pointed to the couch right behind her, which resulted in a nod from her as she draped her jacket over her arm.

"Is anyone else here or is it just you?" She asked me curiously while I gestured for her to follow me.

"Edward, and Esme are here. Everyone else is busy." I answered just in time for when Esme walked around the corner with a smile of pure compassion. Esme is no doubt one of the sweetest woman anyone could meet.

"Hello, Althea. It's lovely to finally meet you in person." She smiled with glee as Althea looked at her with a friendly expression. Though her smile was still absent.

"Likewise. You look beautiful, by the way." Althea complimented as she shook Esme's hand. I don't think I've ever seen her be this friendly towards, well, anyone. Not that she's a disrespectful person. She's just not that friendly. That's sounds rude, but I don't know how else to say it. She insulted me, Emmett and Isaac a few days ago when we were hanging out at her house in very angry French. I don't know what she said and Isaac wouldn't tell us. It happened the day after we met her as well. She insults just about everyone.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I could say the same about you. You're just as beautiful as your mother was." Althea tried to maintain a friendly expression, but the glimmer in her eyes dimmed, and I could feel an abrupt shift in her emotions when Esme mentioned her mother.

"You're too sweet," Althea said, not showing visibly that there was anything wrong.

"I'll let you to be now." Esme relieved herself from the conversation and headed away while Althea's face dropped back to its typical neutral, expressionless state that she always had plastered on.

We stayed silent as I brought her up to my room where all of my art stuff was.

The second she saw it, she started to look around with pure curiosity and amusement. I had 5 paintings lent against my wall, none of which I decided to even attempt to hang up since I opted for shelves to put books on instead.

She seemed interested in the books for a short moment. All of them were ancient history, dating back thousands of years.

She was dead silent though. She looked at literally everything she could in my room before even having a consideration to utter a single word.