Comfort zone - Ch.34

Thinking for a moment the blonde dashed to the stacked boxes they had laying in the living room. Still begging to be unpacked as he tore into them, trying to find his small collection of movies and music. "I think I have a couple comedy movies!" The nine tailed host called out, getting an unsure 'hhn-' from the other and causing him to look back to his friend. "Not a comedy lover?"

"I suppose not.. It's never really been my thing. Same with romance." He was starting to think that just going out for dinner would be a much easier option than sitting through what ever movies his happy-go-lucky boyfriend was into. Already well aware that the leaf-nin hated horror movies, as well anything to do with ghosts. "Maybe.. Maybe just going out won't be so bad." He caved in. Crossing his arms and peering out to the heavy downpour that raged outside. Konoha was a safe village wasn't it? It had to be - and with Naruto beside him, Gaara was sure he would be fine! At least, he was as sure as his forced confidence could allow him to be. "Really? You're changing your mind?" Naruto was excited. Dropping the collection of B-rate comedy and action movies he was holding to run over to the other. "I promise we won't go too far! I know some great restaurants near by and they're not expensive either!"

"I'll pay for dinner.." Gaara sighed softly, Already having resigned himself to being the one to support them while his so claimed 'sunflower' worked towards his dreams. The same dreams that the jinchuriki found himself dedicated to supporting in the other. "I can't have you pay for everything Gaara." Naruto fussed, huffing and placing hands on his hips. Sure he knew he was wasn't rich and often had issues supporting himself financially, but he couldn't let the other pay for everything in their relationship. It just didn't feel fair to the wannabe Kage. "Fine, How about this." Gaara started. Pale hands reaching up and clapping onto the puffed out and whiskered cheeks of the other before him. Forcing out the air he had been holding. "I'll pay for tonight and you can pay for tomorrow's dinner. Alright?" It was a fair deal and one he was glad the leaf-nin could agree to. Making him happy that he was able to compromise with the normally stubborn and hard headed blonde.

"Alright alright. Did you have a place in mind? There's some really nice barbecue places near by! Oh, and a hotpot restaurant!" Naruto started listing off the various and many choices to the other. Not noticing just how large of a list he was creating for the still inexperienced sand-nin who had barely ventured through enough of the village. "I think hotpot would be nice. Especially since it's cold." Finally deciding on what to eat, the vessel watched as his partner got excited and ran off to get ready. Himself practically good to go and quite content with the outfit he was already wearing - consisting of a maroon turtle neck, thin silver necklace that laid above and some dark grey, form fitting jeans. Clothes he considered casual, compared to the ones he wore exclusively for missions. Though even a simple outfit like this always ended up making him appear like he was about to attend some kind of art exhibit.

'You should take your mask off.' The voice inside soothed. Sounding tired but more calm than normal. "Why?" He replied in a hushed husk tone. Not sure if the demon within was trying to toy with him or not. 'Calm down runt, you're going on a date. I'm just giving you a tip.' Shukaku yawned, seemingly uninterested in fighting for once. 'I thought about what you said' The demon muttered, talking gently as the vessel went to the closest mirror and timidly removed the mask of sand he wore. "What I said?" Gaara replied. Looking over his face and features in the reflection. It felt weird to tear down the both physical and emotional guard that kept him feeling safe. However looking into the mirror he couldn't truly disagree that he didn't look better without it. The small light spattering of freckles under the corners of his eyes, the natural peachy pink colour of his lips compared to the colourless ones his mask portrayed. He felt he looked nice! But for as nice as he might have thought he looked, he felt.. Uncomfortable.