Flowers...

Watching his brother leave gaara finished his breakfast and got up to get ready. He had made his plans and already knew where the nine tails vessel was. Sadly however he knew the blond wouldn't be too happy thanks to the failed retrieval mission of the Uchiha. maybe this is why he was on the redheads mind. maybe he felt bad for the other!

Stepping out of the house he made a short walk to the yamanaka flower shop and entered. being a villager of the sand he new little of flowers except those that grew on his cacti collection. but lucky for him, a scared blond kunoichi may be of use to help him.

"Ino..wasn't it?"

He asked the girl her name and when he received a sharp nod in reply followed by a gulp, he asked his next question.

"Which flowers would be appropriate to give to someone to say sorry... as well as ones for a crush?"

The word 'crush' was odd to him but having his brother use it to explain his possible feelings he felt it was the right word to use. he was sorry for not being able to bring sasuke back... even if he hated the now rogue and he wanted to apologize but only lee and his siblings so far knew of his 'emotional' and 'mental' transformation.

Watching the clerk slowly pick out flowers in a small bouquet he could tell she was confused and highly curious at his choice of flowers. only after paying for them and making his way out of the store did he hear her speak up and ask a question.

"Um... who are they for?"

She had a nervous tone and a shaky voice as she spoke, fear thickly hung to every word like tree sap in an animals fur. only when he had the door open did he glance back and answer her, not afraid of who knew and who didn't know of his new 'feelings'

"Naruto...."

Leaving ino shocked in her store he made his way to the hospital and after a quick room number check he found himself standing out side the door. what was he doing? for some reason he couldn't bring himself to enter the room. these emotions causing pain and turmoil inside him.

"What is wrong with me....?"

The teen asked himself as he took a breath, gained courage and stepped inside the room. he wasn't surprised to see the other fast asleep and he was glad of it.

Stepping forward he placed the flowers beside naruto's bed and looked over the other teen. He looked so peaceful sleeping there. so calm and untainted by nightmares or pain. so... free.

Is this what it felt like to have a crush?

Gaara's heart quickened as he stared at the other, his hand reaching out and gently hovering over gentle soft tanned skin. pulling back he made the decision not to touch the other but to leave him to rest instead.

Rushing out of the hospital he made his way home and hurried himself into his room with a slamming of the door. it shocked his siblings of course but he didn't care, for now he wanted to hide himself away, the confusion he felt in his heart to unbearable to distract himself from.

"Ill see him again tomorrow"

He whispered softly, hopefully then he could sort out his feelings and the pain that burdened him.