Chapter seven.

Kobras POV.

What a shit show he thought, how the fuck was he the one abducted. He was the least capable of coming up with plans of a breakout, he could fight yes but planning? Never. That was Poisons department, he was the creative one. What did they want with him anyway?

'What did you do to end up here then?' A voice echoed across the dark room.

'Wrong place wrong time, who are you?' He said hesitantly

A girl stepped forward, she had shoulder length yellow hair and was wearing a black leather jacket, ripped blue jeans and a yellow and black striped top. A cut was bleeding from above her eyebrow, desert dirt smeared across her face. She looked like she'd given them a good fight before being captured.

'Names Diamond, Diamond Heart.' she said moving closer. As she moved into the little light they had he realised she had a chain attached to her ankle and her wrists were handcuffed like his.

'I seem to be the queen of wrong time wrong place myself,'  she said with a sad laugh. 'They will be back soon, don't tell them anything' she warned nodding towards the door.

'I don't plan on it, but I'm going to need to get out of here. I need to find my friends did they get captured too?' He asked hoping she had some information for him.

'No Korse warned then off, took them a while but they took off into the desert. They were pretty beat up. The cute driver put up a fight with the others but they left. Sorry.' She told him nodding towards the window to indicate she had been watching.

'At least they got away, I have a feeling they will be back though' He knew Poison would be working on it, they should leave him as it was obviously a trap, that wasn't in any killjoys nature though. They looked out for each other.

'Rest up while you can big man, once the scarecrow come back there won't be no rest.' Diamond announced ominously.

------------‐---------------------------------------------------

The trans an pulled up to the back of the diner finally. The car had only just made it back, one more stop and it would have been done for. No one had spoken, the joviality of earlier long gone.

Party was the first out if the car, storming off into the diner with a kick of the front door. The three of them sat watching no one daring to follow him just yet.

'Ghoul go after him, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid' Jet said taking charge. 'Neon come with me your shoulders been bleeding again, I'll get it fixed up for you those stitches have probably ripped open.'

It was only then she noticed the throbbing of her gun wound, she had been so lost in thought over the events of the past few hours she must have blanked it out somehow. Reaching up with her good arm she felt the warm stickiness of blood soaking her tshirt.

Ghoul followed Poison into the diner, and her and Jet moved into the garage at the side of the building. A corner of it had been converted into a makeshift medical station, with a ripped medical bed and a table full of dressings and various meds. This must have been where they stitched her up the first time she thought, no memory of any of it. 

Jet made short work of cleaning her up and restitching the wound back up. He worked in silence then passed her a clean black tshirt from the table to change into. The pain was becoming excruciating now with the added stitches.

'Come on let's get back inside we are all going to have to try rest up now' Jet said gently his hand on her good arm.

'Thank you' was all she could muster to say.

'Anytime, Come on' He smiled

Nodding she followed him back out and into the diners entrance. Ghoul was sat at a table eating a can of power pup, grimacing with every foul bite. That stuff was the worst but often it was all they could get their hands on out here.

'Hes locked himself in his room,' Ghoul announced 'no point talking to him now until the morning he's gotta work off that rage and concussion'

She nodded again. She couldnt find her voice, the tiredness and shock kicking in alongside the pain.

'I'm heading to bed, I suggest you two do the same. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a very long day' He said while binning the can and with a wave he was off down the hall.

'See you in the morning, take one of these if the pain gets too much' Jet said as he handed her a couple of pain killers before heading down the hall himself.

How could she sleep. She was worried about Kobra, what where they doing to him back at that garage. Poison was mad at her so she knew he wouldn't be visiting her room tonight.

She sat down on one of the diner seats and wept. She wept for her lost friends, for Kobra and for Poison, Ghoul and Jet. They had lost Kobra with no way of know if he was surviving and they didn't deserve this.