Chapter thirteen.

'You fucking hit me.' Party said. He was rubbing his jaw, a line of blood was coming from his lip. She must have split his lip. He touched a finger to his lip and stared at the blood.

'Sorry' she said curtly. It hadnt quite registered that she punched him. The throb of her hand gave it away and she thought she might have popped a stitch again. She was never going to heal at this rate.

'What was that for, I didnt even say anything' He sounded incredulous at the situation.

'Like I said. For being a dick.' She looked him dead in the eyes when she said it. 'You've been playing with me, gun to my head one minute, seduction the next and then to top it off you fucking ignored me and acted like I caused all this shit! How do you fucking think that made me feel! I'm a person with feelings you know not some dumb bitch you can mess around depending on your mood. It doesn't work like that. You were lucky it was just a punch and I didn't pull my fucking gun on you.'

She felt a relief flood out of her with the words. Finally able to articulate her feelings and set some boundaries. She wasnt anyones push over. She felt strong again, mentally at least.

He sat there for a moment in shock, taking in her words. She never broke eye contact, remaining firm.

'I'm so sorry. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts I should have thought about how my actions were affecting you. I was selfish.' He said it quietly, looking down at the floor.

'I really fucked up didn't I? Everything was just so overwhelming and the only thing I knew for sure was I just wanted to be close to you. It was the only situation I could control and...and..fuck. I'm so sorry i shouldn't have pushed you into kissing me and then treated you how i did. I was embarrassed with myself and took it out on you.'

She couldn't help herself but she laughed a little. 'Look I'm not saying some it wasn't enjoyable, I didn't exactly push you away. But I'm done with the whole Jekyll and Hyde part, understood?'

She got up slowly wincing at her shoulder. She really was fed up of this shoulder pain now. It never let up a constant reminder of the attack. She was over being injured now.

She walked over to him and sat down in front of him on the floor. With the hand of her bad arm she took his hand in hers, using her other hand to brush back the red hair from his face.
He seemed different now, he seemed like the man that held her all night when she had been having nightmares.

She stroked his cheek lightly and he lifted his hand, placed it over hers and rested his head into her hand. She moved closer to him, placing her lips on his and kissed him lightly. He responded to her tenderly, his lips so soft against hers. If anything this meant more to her than the frenzy of the garage.

Resting her forehead against his she said 'Shall we start over?' He kissed her softly in response.

Breaking away she stood up and held out a hand to him and said
'Come on, moping times over. We have a rescue to plan'

He took her hand and they made their way out the door.

Walking into the main diner, both Jet and Ghoul were there drinking coffee and staring at then both. Their eye flickering between Party's bust lip and their intertwined hands.

'So you punched him and now your good?' Ghoul asked quizzically, one eyebrow raised.

'Something like that,' she laughed 'don't worry I'm not going to be making a habit of it.'

'You two are so confusing, I mean in the garage you two were hot but now this,' ghoul said circling his hand and pointing at them 'this is confusing.'

She let go of Party's hand and walked over to behind Jet placing her hands one on each of his shoulders.

'Its a good job its between me and Party then isn't it, and no more perving or I'll have to lay some more rules down.' She said squeezing him.

'Hey I wasn't perving! Not my fault you guys were putting on a show!' He said shaking her off.

'Ghoul....' Jet said as a warning for him to stop. 'Neon come on looks like your going to need those stitches sorting yet again, if you have to hit anyone next time please don't use that arm'

She laughed and agreed.

'Right while Jet stitches me up you two bash your heads together and start planning, Kobra is waiting for us.'