Chapter nine.

She sat there for a while, watching the stars, still reeling from what had just happened. Should she go after him? She wasn't even sure if her legs would carry her back down the ladder after that.

The events of the day weighed heavy on her, let alone going from staring down the barrel of a gun to pure euphoria. Was he really considering shooting her?

The heat of earlier had left her, the cold desert wind now whipping at her bare arms. She had goosebumps and was shivering now, she needed to get inside before she froze.

She made her way slowly down the ladder one handed, careful not to slip and was greeted with a completely empty diner. She was half expecting him to be sat there. She wanted to go find him but she didn't want to have a gun pointed at her again and it could go two ways.

She was so tired now, the weight of the day now as heavy as her eyelids. She made her way wearily down the hall and into her room. It felt like years since she was last in here, not mere hours. Throwing herself on the bed she slept, fully clothed and still in her boots. She didn't dream that night, too exhausted from the day.

She woke the next morning still groggy. The morning sun bearing down on her face from the open window. The pain killers had worn off and her shoulder was agony. She couldn't tell of it was from the fresh stitches or the bump against the wall last night. She blushed just thinking about last night, the heat rising again, before remembering he also threatened to fucking shoot her.

With a groan she hauled herself up off the bed she forgot she had left the other painkiller in the main diner. She was going to need that today.

Leaving her room she glanced down the hall, all the bedrooms doors still closed. Hopefully they were still all resting, they needed it if they were going to fix the trans am and make a plan today.

In the main room of the diner Ghoul was sat eating another can of power pup. He looked up, his hair falling over one eye and gave her a playful smile, eyebrows raised. She blushed, did he know about her and Poison last night?

'I don't know how you can eat that crap first thing in the morning' she said rubbing her eyes.

'A boys gotta eat!" He laughed in reply.

'Where's Jet and Poison? I might need some more of those painkillers Jet gave me' she asked rubbing her shoulder lightly.

'Jets still asleep and Party's moving the trans am into the garage so we can work on getting her fixed up. He wants to get moving as soon as its done, though hes barely even talking to me yet' He nodded towards outside.

She just nodded In reply and started to look for where she left that pain killer. She needed to get it under control if they were going to be going back to the hideout soon. She wouldn't stand a chance in a fight otherwise.

Looking under the chair she had fallen asleep on only a few hours earlier she found the tablet and swallowed it down eagerly. Hoping it would work quickly.

'Its bleeding already, Jets gonna be mad after fixing that up last night' Ghoul teased examining her dressings. 'what was you wrestling in your sleep or something?' He laughed and then walked out the front door.

She blushed again to herself, she wasn't about to explain to them how she bust it back open. Let's hope Jet didn't ask.

Party poison burst through the door as she was checking out her dressings, he paused to look at her. His expression was the same blank one as the night before when he was holding a gun to her. She didn't speak not knowing which man she was going to get after his Jekyll and Hyde moment last night.

Her breathing got a little faster thinking back to kissing him on the roof, she felt like her heart was beating out of her chest.

Instead of speaking to her he just shook his head and walked off down the hall to his room, slamming the door behind him.

What the fuck was that all about. He wasn't seriously going to ignore last night was he? Confused as ever she went and helped herself to some food and coffee. She couldnt deal with him right now, her thoughts now turning back to Kobra and how they could break him out.