Taking Back What's Ours

"Don't stop running! Use your dummies as shields!" A-545 spearheaded her team's retreat as they exited the factory. Their main bodies were in the center while their dummies formed a circle around them. The infected dolls kept their primary focus on assaulting the train, but a few were taking notice of Team One and attempted to intercept them.

"Oh my~," MDR nervously remarked as she leapt over the falling body of her last dummy link, "So this battle situation really is disadvantageous? Should I share it?" She took out her cell phone.

"If you have time for pictures, you have time to return fire!" Mondragon chastised.

"To fall on our first mission so my comrades could escape?!" MDR dramatically swooned as she gunned down a doll that peeked its head out at them. "This would make a fantastic story on the forums! Don't stop me!" Reaching into her pocket, MDR pulled out a small drone and tossed it in the air. "I wonder how many followers I'll get after this?" The drone unfolded its rotors and quickly made its way to A-545. Blue light emanated from the drone as it kept pace with the assault rifle t-doll and enveloped them in a temporary shield.

"Спасибо (Thanks)!" A-545 felt a surge of processing power flow into her evasive systems allowing her to keep fighting despite having no dummy links. Her body had taken quite a few bullet wounds, but Maxim had designed her to be able to take heavy hits and keep moving as a single unit so the damage didn't seem to faze her. The train was slowly pulling away from the platform it had stopped at as it began making its escape. SVD's team was doing their best to suppress the dolls closest to the train and allow Team One to get close to the rear car.

"Живо (Quickly)!" Horris returned to the rear car and was waiting with M7 to help Team One onto the train. Since Zeldri wouldn't be much help lifting with his bad leg, he was taking potshots at the infected dolls to help SVD's team in suppression. A-545 was still affected by MDR's skill and, thanks to that and her exoskeleton, leapt onto the train from the ground by herself. She immediately pivoted around and reached her hand down to her teammates. "Come on! Up you go!" Horris grabbed MDR's hand and hoisted the t-doll onto the train.

"Woah!" MDR wasn't expecting a human to be able to lift her with such ease and lost her balance landing face-first onto the floor. M7 grabbed AR-57 and pulled her up. A-545 grabbed the asset from Mondragon's back while Horris ran over and hoisted Mondragon up. To save time, any dummy links remaining were deactivated and left behind as they were out of time.

"They're on board!" AK-47 was hanging her head out the window of the engine and watched until Team One finished boarding. "Punch it!"

"Hold on!" SVD set the train to maximum speed. The engine violently lurched forward at the sudden command and loudly roared as it picked up speed.

"Inside! Now!" Zeldri yelled as he helped MDR to her feet. They weren't safe, yet.

"Congratulations!" Zeldri was walking over to A-545 when the voice of the black-cloaked woman entered his ears. She was sarcastically clapping. "That was your first mission with them. Not the most elegant ending, but still a win." She gave a shrug. Zeldri glared at her as he helped A-545 and Mondragon pick up the asset to bring inside. "In any case, I'm glad this is over. We have too much to do to be wasting time; especially on a lackluster try like this." While the infected dolls were still attempting to give chase, their systems were starting to fail, again, and none of their shots were even close to hitting. Even still, Zeldri kept his guard up and glared at the black-cloaked woman. "Ahahaha," the black-cloaked woman couldn't help but laugh, "Oh come on, have I even let you dow-!"

"!!!" As the train exited the compound, it didn't wait for the gates to fully open and rammed through them. The ram shook the entire train, and Zeldri lost his footing near the edge of the car. Adrenaline poured through Zeldri's body and time seemed to slow as his brain kicked into overdrive as he fell backwards off the train car.