Those Clad in White

"Commander Zeldri?"

"...?" Zeldri opened his eyes to find himself in front of the holographic display map aboard the train's command car. The map was currently displaying the abandoned city of Daugavpils with the real-time locations of his echelons as they moved toward the farm. He...wasn't sure how he got there.

"Commander Zeldri?" Standing next to him was Scarecrow who he had also brought on this mission. "Your dolls are nearing the farm."

"Ah... Right." Zeldri shook the grogginess from his mind. Of course, he knew how he got there. It was obvious. After receiving the go-ahead from Minx they set out for Daugapils with Horris, M7, Storozh, Dream Eater, and Revenant along with Scarecrow and a few of her forces. While he trusted Train Team, Daugapils was filled with ELIDs so having extra firepower to protect the train while his t-doll echelons secured the farm was necessary. He turned to a monitor displaying the camera feed of one of the command car's exterior cameras and watched a group of Rippers dispatch some ELIDs that had wandered too close.

"Commander," Tsaritsa's voice came over the command car's speakers. "I'm picking up strange signals."

"From where?" Zeldri's eyes returned to the map.

"Unknown. They keep appearing and disappearing so I can't get a trace. It's also running off Zion Protocols, so I thought you should be aware."

"...Understood." Tsaritsa had told Zeldri about 'Zion' and that it was something her Father had created. The same Father who seemed to be related to the white faction, Paradeus, as they discovered thanks to the commander from Sector 09's efforts in Belgrade. "Keep an eye on it, but keep your main focus on the mission."

"Understood."

"Alright," Zeldri refocused on the mission and relayed his orders, "Storozh will escort Horris and M7 to the hydroponics farm to begin extracting any usable equipment back to the trucks. Dream Eater, clear a route to the server room for when Minx's people arrive. Revenant, form a perimeter around the entrance with the Ural trucks so no additional ELIDs can creep in through the front."

***

"Roger that, Commander," StG44 replied as she stepped out of the Ural transport truck. Since they were going to be transporting lots of heavy equipment, and the rail line didn't go into the farm, they loaded three Ural trucks onto the flatbed cars of the train for transport once onsite. "Please wait here a moment, Horris. We'll clear the way and radio when it's safe."

"While I appreciate the offer," Horris said through his gas mask as he got out of the truck, "My safety is more than guaranteed." Following Horris out of the truck, M7 finished putting on all her firefighter gear and gave a test fire of her flamethrower on a group of ELIDs that was stumbling towards them. The infected screamed as they collapsed into nothing more than charred corpses. She turned and gave a nod to Horris. "As you can see."

"...Then let's get moving." StG44 was in no position to argue, so she allowed Horris to accompany them. She activated her radio and declared their movement, "Storozh, entering the farm."

"Dream Eater, entering the farm." A-545 also declared her team's movement as Dream Eater followed the provided map of the building and began clearing out the ELIDs on their way to the server room.

"Revenant...watching the trucks," NZ75 sarcastically remarked to herself.

"Please report properly, Leader," G36 chastised as she took her position to watch one of the streets.

"I felt left out, though," NZ75 complained. "I prefer action to guard duty."

"Ensuring the safety of the other teams is important," Springfield remarked in her usual motherly tone. "Let's do our best so this mission goes off smoothly."