Careful Planning or Fateful Coincidence

"Нож (Knife) 3-1, what's your status?"

"This is Нож 3-1! Pinned down still inside the bunker!" The soldier yelled into his radio as he ducked behind a wooden crate for cover from a hail of bullets. He and another soldier were pinned in a hallway within the bunker they'd been using as a staging ground.

"You're facing Griffin t-dolls, 3-1. What's going on?"

"They have kill authorizations!" 3-1 reloaded his AN-94 as his squad mate peeked to lay down return fire. As he did, a 7.5mm round tore through the man's head as Mondragon was waiting for him to peek. "I-!" The man stopped as a buzzing sound above him drew his attention. A drone was hovering over the crate he was using and a small camera looked down at him.

"Smile~," MDR cooed from down the hall as she used her drone to help line up her shot and fire through the crate and into the back of the soldier's head. "I won again~," MDR typed away at her phone, "Kyahaha~! ~Winning too much can get you in trouble~... Send!"

"Are you using our echelon link to save your posts?" Mondragon bitterly asked as she stood up and reloaded her rifle.

"Gotta have something ready to go when this is all over and we get home," MDR said and pocketed her phone.

"Let's go," UMP40 led the charge with AR-57 and MDR's drone as Dream Eater wove through the bunker.

"A dro-AGH!" They allowed the drone to lead to catch any remaining soldiers off guard.

"Clear," AR-57 stated as she quickly scanned the rest of the side room for more hostiles before rejoining UMP40. "It should be just up the hall." Dream Eater approached the door leading to the bunker's command room. The door hung ajar.

"Commander!?" A-545 rushed past her teammates and into the room with her rifle raised followed by her team. But, to her dismay, the room was silent.

"Look!" Mondragon quickly crossed the room and knelt next to Anto and PPK who were lying on the floor near a window. "...Damn it." Their corpses were cold.

"..." A-545's left hand clenched in anger and anxiety. Anto and PPK's bodies were the only two things in the room along with discarded communication equipment.

"Blood." AR-57 got everyone's attention as she knelt down next to some blood stains on the floor away from Anto and PPK. "Someone else was shot, and isn't here." She walked over, knelt down, and grabbed Anto's dog tags to confirm his death after this was over. If they made it out.

"Two people, most likely," Mondragon corrected as she noted the blood on the window that was at a different angle and couldn't have come from Anto. "Possibly the Commanders?"

"Then he's alive!" A-545 spun on her feet and exited the room. "We're moving."

"There was a radio tower nearby," Mondragon quickly followed after A-545 and tried to steer her. Her leader was allowing her emotional chip to direct her actions which would cloud her judgment. She continued in an attempt to guide A-545, "We're on top of a hill, and with the added elevation of the tower I might be able to spot him. The Commander has a bad leg so he couldn't have gotten too far."

"He could have taken a vehicle, we can't waste time," A-545 retorted and exited the bunker. The outside was a mess of corpses from Dream Eater's assault.

"The military was still here, though!" Mondragon tried again, "They would have gone after him if he'd taken something, so it's more likely that he slipped out after taking care of whoever killed Commander Anto!" MDR, AR-57, and UMP40 all trailed behind the two t-dolls as counseling A-545 was out of their capabilities.