Shuffling the Teams

The Mountain's vehicle bay bustled with never before seen activity as the rearming initiative was in full swing. Crews of humans and a-dolls worked around the clock putting the vehicles back together. While a few Tigrs were still waiting for their turrets, the primary focus for the past few days was on three BTR-90s. One just needed its turret rearmed, but the other two were being put together from the parts of destroyed BTRs they scavenged enough parts from. Once again, the Mountain was in Horris' debt for the schematics that allowed the crews to have any hope of properly bringing the BTRs back online.

"Say, do you think we'll all get BTRs?"

"I heard only the combat echelons were gonna get them."

"Aww!" The increased activity also attracted many t-doll onlookers. Due to the tense time they found themselves in, Zeldri had ordered all logistics echelons to remain at the Mountain in case of emergency. This left many t-dolls with a lot of free time, and watching the crews work on military vehicles had become a favorite pastime for them.

"Honestly..." Much to the frustration of Jericho. She silently mumbled to herself, "Just because you lot aren't being sent out doesn't mean you can stand around and gossip like school girls." While she was annoyed at their behavior, she kept her words to herself and continued to allow the t-dolls to watch the crews. Morale and the overall mood at the Mountain had plummeted after the failed coup. Giving the dolls free time like this to recollect themselves was essential for the future of the Mountain. At least, that's what Zeldri had told her the official reason was. "...At least it's working." She was loathed to admit it, but over the past week, she had noticed the t-dolls were becoming more active again with their antics. There was still a somber air about them, but many were starting to return to their usual routines and natures. That is, all except for one t-doll.

"..." AEK-999 silently sat in the passenger's seat of a Tigr with the radio blasting hard rock music. A dog tag was gently held between her fingers that her eyes wouldn't leave. While the rest of her echelon was doing their best to try and fit in at the Mountain, mostly from S.A.T.8's efforts and impromptu pizza party a few days prior, AEK-999 remained the outlier.

"You're still sulking?" Jericho wasn't the best with kind words but decided to try anyway. If PSM's echelon was going to join them, then that meant they were part of her responsibility.

"Хватит разорять мои яйца, любимый. (Quit busting my balls, love)," AEK bitterly muttered and reached for the knob to turn up the music's volume.

"Enough," Jericho stated and used her crutch to stop AEK's hand. She also lowered the volume so her words could be heard properly.

"Oi!" AEK angrily batted Jericho's crutch away and turned to face her. "The fuck's your problem!?"

"I should be asking you that." Jericho kept her voice level and firm as she knew getting upset would only escalate the situation. "You've done nothing but mope for the past week. Don't you think this is enough?"

"Mope? No shit I'm moping!" AEK tightly clenched the dog tags in her hands. "Ты не тот, кто потерял своего командира (You aren't the one who just lost their commander)! So could you kindly fuck off and leave me to my pity party? Why do you even care, you aren't my friend."

"Because you seem determined to alienate even your friends and I'm tired of it," annoyance bled into Jericho's voice. Not interacting with the Mountain's dolls was one thing, but Jericho had noticed that AEK wasn't even hanging out with her own echelon. "You're right, I didn't lose my commander, thankfully. But, aren't you forgetting that you aren't the only one who lost their commander that day?"

"...!" AEK couldn't respond as Jericho's words cut deep.

"You're by yourself every time I see you. PSM, AK-74M, AK-Alfa, and S.A.T.8 are all grieving too, but they are also attempting to keep moving forwards. I'm not asking you to forget about Commander Anto," Jericho softened her expression, "I'm asking you not to give up."