Friends?

Ram wokeup with some noises coming from the kitchen.

He rubbed his eyes to see priya preparing breakfast in an orange tunic and jean. She looked fine as though nothing happened last night.

How come she does that? He thought.

He sat up and her eyes caught him awake. He gave a smile to her "Good morning"

She gave a small smile "Good morning"

She further added "You can get fresh until i set up the table" and pointed towards the common washroom.

He nodded and left while she concentrated back on buttering the toasts.

In few minutes, he joined her on the table. They sat diagonal to each other.

He looked at her who was fidgeting her fingers and gazing down.

"You okay?"

She looked up and nodded her head.

"Um... Thank you" she said in low tone.

"For?" He asked not tearing his gaze off her.

"For yesterday and also sorry for being rude to you because i thought... but you're a good person. You could have easily took advantage of me in the position which i was yesterday... but you proved me wrong. So thankyou for being a gentleman" she said softly.

He smiled "Thankyou for trusting me priya"

They had the breakfast silently but ram had so many things going on in his mind. Once they were done and they came to the living, he asked

"Priya, what happened yesterday?"

"If i've trusted you in a vulnerable state and i'm not rude to you.. that doesn't mean that i'll share things with you... and i'm sorry but what you want can't happen Mr.Ram" she said firmly but politely.

He sighed "Priya i'm okay if you don't have feelings for me... but i can be your friend atleast please?"

She looked at him for few seconds and slightly nodded her head while ram who looked at her with anticipation.... smiled when she nodded.

"Thank you for becoming my friend priya... toh main ab ek dost ke haisiyat se toh puch sakta hun na ki who's troubling you and what happened?"

"Mr.Ram please, i really don't wanna talk about it. Just let it be please"

"Okay but Mr.Ram? Dost maana hai toh you can call me ram"

She smiled "Thankyou ram for understanding"

"So now if you're going to office... i'll drop you?" He asked.

She remembered her car is still at the westin "Thankyou but i'll manage"

"Priya please let me, also i'll ask my driver to get your car so just give me the key"

She nodded and handed him the car key from her handbag and said "You might also be getting late for your office so..."

"Not a word, just come i'll drop you"  saying so he started moving out, not giving her a chance to speak.

She nodded her head and a small smile formed on her lips remembering his words of being 'ziddi'.

She locked the house and reached the parking to find him already in his car. She took the passenger seat and he wheeled out the car.

"So ma'am" he started and she looked at him with knotted brows

"As you are my friend now and a special friend for me ofcourse..." he winked at her while she rolled her eyes making him chuckle

"Lets have dinner together tonight?" He asked.