° sixty ° *

A little less than a week passed. Nicole and I hadn't seen much of one another after school, and I didn't like it, but either I had things to do, or she had things to do. The only day I really even saw her outside of school was Thursday, and that was because she came to my baseball game with her dad. She had looked adorable, as usual, and I couldn't stop myself from picking her up.

"You're so touchy. And you're sweaty," she told me, her eyes meeting mine as she wiped something off of my face. "You played so well. I'm such a proud girlfriend."

"It means a lot that you were here."

"I wouldn't have missed it," Nicole smiled, shaking her head. "And I've barely seen you all week."

I laughed at that, still holding her. She did a little bit of squirming in my arms until I set her down, a smile on her face as she looked up at me. She let me brush her hair behind her ear, Nicole blushing.

"Why are you so shy?"

"I'm just not used to us, you know, being public."

Without much thought, I cupped her cheeks, pressing my lips to hers. My tongue pushed into her mouth, Nicole pulling back and laughing. She glanced at her father timidly, Mr. Coleman rolling his eyes.

"Sorry, Dad."

"Yeah, sorry, Mr. Coleman."

"You're not sorry," he told me, shaking his head. "I'm sure you did that on purpose. It's a real shame. I thought we had something, Harry."

"No, of course we do. Don't break up with me," I pleaded, Nicole scoffing at my words to her father. "Mr. Coleman, don't break my heart."

"I'm just kidding," he smiled, pushing my shoulder. "Nicole is still seeing you this weekend, right?"

"Yes, sir. If that's okay? It's our anniversary, and I have some stuff planned."

"Of course. Ethan is heading this way, so we're going to get going. Bye, Harry."

"Bye, Mr. Coleman."

He started walking away, Nicole sending me a small wave before following her dad. She looked so tiny compared to his height, and considering he was a little taller than me I wasn't surprised. However, as I made my way toward the field house, I felt arms wrap around my waist, lips pressing to my shoulder.

"Bye, honey. I love you."

I smiled at how sweet she was to me, turning around in her hold. She let me peck her lips briefly, my girlfriend holding me in a tight embrace. Nicole was the one to pull away, a small smile on her face. I chuckled, telling her I would see her tomorrow before watching her catch up with Ethan and her father. Heading to the locker room, I hurried to grab all of my things, wishing to simply get home and shower the sweat and clay off of my body.

- - -

Mum and Robin were supposed to be baby sitting Noah and Emily for the night. They had gone to Gemma's, and it had to do with my sister going to a friend's wedding I was pretty sure. It happened to work out perfectly. The house was empty, and it enabled me to prepare better without my mother bugging me about how cute everything was. I was getting Nicole at five for dinner in LA, which meant that I needed to take care of everything in my house first. I'd gone and bought a shit ton of flowers, probably more than necessary, but I didn't want fake flowers in the tub later. I was sure she had no clue why I was asking, but I questioned Nicole on her favorite type of scent. She said she really liked lavender, so I headed to the mall and bought a lavender bath bomb just for her.

Honestly, with what I had planned, I was definitely whipped. She had me wrapped around her finger, and the sheer idea of anyone ever hurting her tore me to bits. However, I wasn't going to let what T or my father had said ruin my evening with my favorite girl.