° twenty-six °

Monday was absolutely boring, and I barely remembered doing my homework when I woke up the next morning. However, what I wasn't prepared for was to be woken up by shouting, my brow pulling in as I climbed out of bed. It had been a while since Ethan woke up the entire house after being home late, but this sounded a lot different.

"Ethan, sweetheart, it's okay."

"Okay? Okay? They don't fucking want me! I wanted to go to that school so fucking bad, Mom!"

"Ethan, it's okay," I heard my mother say. "Tell him it's okay Benjamin. You didn't get into the law program you wanted, but you're fine now."

My dad explained that the first two years barely mattered of college, and that my brother could easily transfer to the college that he wished to attend. Even with the words, Ethan seemed upset still, and I was positive it had to do with baseball, knowing it would be much harder for Ethan to transfer because of the sport.

"I just don't want to go to school today," Ethan stated just as I started heading downstairs. "I'm so fucking sad."

"That's fine," my mother assured.

"E?"

He glanced up at me, wiping his eyes. I sighed, hugging my brother. He held me tightly, crying against my shoulder. Honestly, I had never seen him this upset over anything, and it hurt my heart to think that he couldn't get into the school he wanted. We stood there for a while, my brother simply holding onto me easily.

"What school didn't accept you?"

"UCLA."

"That's silly."

"Yeah."

"Maybe we can appeal," I suggested, pulling back slightly to look at my brother. "I can help you. Dad is probably super good at the wording of those type of letters."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Really," I encouraged. "You deserve this so much, E."

"They didn't think so."

"Well screw what they think," I told him. "They are missing out on a great guy, who makes good grades, and is amazing at baseball."

My brother shrugged, thanking me for cheering him up, but apologizing for waking me. I told him it was fine, explaining that I would have needed to get up at this point anyway. Telling the rest of my family I was going to shower, I headed up the stairs, grabbing my phone and heading to the bathroom. Glancing over the device, I noticed a message from Harry, but it was from around two in the morning.

Harry: I hope you dream about everything you want, and that you're happy, and you know a bunch of people in this world adore you

I stared at the message for a couple of minutes, wondering if he had been high, or if these were genuine words that came from him. Quickly asking him which it was, I got into the shower, cleaning myself up before getting out and drying off. After I had changed into jeans and a cute top, I did my hair and makeup, glancing at my phone to see a response from Harry.

Harry: sorry, I was shit faced last night

It's okay, I'm sorry I was asleep

Harry: no worries

You're okay?

Harry: for now, just me overthinking

Harry: I heard Ethan didn't get in to UCLA. He said I should still come get you?

Yeah ): and yeah (: