° fifty-nine °

Harry's POV

     It was closer to six when I left my house to run errands. After I had gotten home, I took a shower, and got ready. Mum asked where I was going, and I assured her it was just to hang out with some friends. She kissed me goodbye, leaving me to start for T's place. It was a good half an hour away, so I listened to music, trying to ease my nerves. Nothing about what I did for money was what I wanted, and I found myself wishing desperately to quit. However, I knew that wasn't an option.

Pulling up to the house, I grabbed the envelope from the glove box. Getting out of the car, I locked it behind me, knocking on the door. It wasn't long before it was being opened, T raising an eyebrow.

"H."

I cringed slightly, nodding. "T. "You're a bit early."

"Traffic was lighter than expected," I explained to him. "Here's this."

He took the envelope, looking into it briefly. I watched as he nodded, appearing impressed before stepping out of the way. He allowed me into the house, two girls sitting on the sofa. They were both in a button down, smiles crossing their faces as I strolled by. Everything about this made me uncomfortable, but I knew I couldn't stop.

"H, I know of the strict restraining order you have with Des," T began. "So, you have to listen very carefully."

I didn't like the sound of this. The sheer idea of him even bringing up my father was terrifying. Sure, it was already scary that he was following my girlfriend, but I knew it was part of the threat. It was to show that he was always watching, and being certain that our terms had been carried through.

"I needed Des here to discuss some terms."

I stopped in the hallway, my body numb. T seemed to realize I wasn't following him any longer, the man stopping and turning around to look at me. My heart was racing, and while I had seen him right after he got out of jail, and this whole deal had been put together, it still horrified me beyond belief. I had a panic attack in a McDonald's parking lot because of seeing him, and now I was certain the same thing would happen.

"T, you know —"

"H. You know I'm very strict with rules. You are not allowed to break this deal, or else I get to handle your girl."

Breathing deeply, I shut my eyes, picturing Nicole in my mind. She was the only thing that calmed me down, and I found myself wishing that I could get out of this mess. At the time, Nicole hadn't been my girlfriend, and if I could make good money for selling something kids at my school wanted all of the time, then I saw no issue. However, I didn't realize that the terms of "if you break the contract, we'll ruin what is most precious to you" would end up being Nicole. At the time, it had been my family, my niece and nephew, but now that Nicole was part of that, they had gone to her. I tried to fight the terms, but that was the same week that Des had grabbed her on the street. It made me realize he was keeping a close eye on her, so I had tried to get my mother to do something about it, but she couldn't.

"H? I'm speaking to you."

"Sorry, what?"

"I said, we need to go. Now let's go, I don't have all night."

Swallowing hard, I followed him to the back room, Des sitting on a sofa on the opposite side of the room. Everything in me started to freeze up, and I wanted so badly to leave, but I knew that I couldn't. It was against the terms, and the last thing I wanted was for them to get a hold of my girlfriend.

"H."

"Des."

"We need to go over a few things," T started. "I want to know what you're going to do when you go to college."