Chapter 29

The rest of the day at the beach was not as much fun as I had wanted it to be. I hung out with Wes, Sam, and Foster the whole time while Josh and Lachlan were off somewhere, probably making out on some rocks. I don't regret telling him how I feel because it needed to be said. It's not fair to keep stringing me along like we never talked about what we both wanted from each other. And I guess we just aren't on the same page.

Back at the house, things are quieting down. We might watch a movie, but I doubt I'll actually participate. I'm exhausted, and I don't think I could sit through an hour and a half of Lachlan and Josh giggling next to each other on a couch. I shower and rinse the lake water out of my hair. The extra steam setting on the shower really loosened the knots in my shoulders. For a moment I feel at ease, less tense, but I sigh. I can't stay in here forever.

I quickly dress once I dry myself. Gray t-shirt and pajama shorts it is. I let my hair air dry as I look through my phone for messages from my parents. Two messages from my mom, one from my dad. I read them and, to sum it up, they miss me and hope I'm having a good trip.
It's been an absolute blast..

As I finish up my responses, there's a knock on my door. I quickly climb into bed and cover my legs underneath the blankets.

"Come in," I finally call out.

"Ah, hey Jen," Foster peers his head through the door, "you gonna come watch a movie?"

"Um, depends what are you guys watching?" I ask as he leans against the door frame.

"I don't know, they're still deciding. I think we might watch a scary movie, like The Shining or something," He folds his arms.

"I don't know, I'm kinda of tired," I frown with a small shrug.

"What? Come on, don't you like scary movies. Is that why, are you scared?" He asks with a smile.

"No, that's not it," I laugh. "I just don't wanna," I shrug again. "I'd probably fall asleep anyways."

"Okay," He nods, walking into the room. He hops up on the bed and lies on his back with his eyes closed, his hands behind his head.

"What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"If you don't want to watch a movie, I don't want to either," He sighs.

"Are you serious?" I almost laugh at him. He opens one eye before laughing and turning on his side to face me.

"Serious as I'll ever be," he bobs his head.

"Foster, you're never serious about anything," I shake my head.

"Very true, but everyone in the house is going to be watching a movie except for you. And you shouldn't be alone," he states firmly as he traces lines on the comforter.

"I shouldn't be alone?"
"I don't want you to be," he finally looks up, his eyes meeting mine. Why does he care so much?

"Foster, I'm fine here by myself," I tug the sheets closer to my body.

"Jennifer Lawrence," Foster says exaggerating his frustration, "if you do not get your butt downstairs to watch a family fun, horror movie, so help me, I will-"

"You'll what? Carry me down the stairs?" I laugh at his playfulness.

"Do you dare question my power?!" He says shaking a fist in the air, and I laugh. "Okay please just watch the movie," he pouts and I laugh as to how quickly he gave up.

"If I do, will you stop being so annoying?" I tease.

"Jennifer, honey, we both know that's never going to happen. Now let's gooo," he says pulling himself up off the bed. I reconnect my phone to the charger and hop off the bed as well. I follow him down the stairs to one of the living rooms. There's two sliding doors that lead into what looks to be a theater room. There's a wrap-around couch that lines one side of the whole room and a large flat screen mounted on the other wall.