Chapter 4: Almost

"how did he even escape?!"

"Because the guards are dumb and didn't blindfold him first!"

"Wh— ughh.. " Dr Lincoln massaged his temples, frustrated.

"Doctor, I think you need to go after him." The black robed entity suggested.

"I know 049, But the hard part is the kid's able to teleport! He could be anywhere!"

"Uhh sir—" another researcher timidly asked.

"What?!" He snapped.

"From — from our observation, we found out that there's a certain amount of teleports he could use bef—before running out."

"...so?" Dr Lincoln asked, his anger disintegrated in mere seconds.

"So, it's likely that he must've run out by now. And—and it takes him a couple of hours to gain them back."

Dr Lincoln was quiet, taking a moment before charging out the door. "I don't care, go after him."

"You need to eat."

"No I don't!"

"You're gonna get more cranky."

"Hhhhhh!—"

Valor is frustrated beyond belief, he's going insane from the number of hallways he's gone through, the number of doors he's gone through, plus, the headache that's starting to rise. The key card would only open a certain number of doors, adds to the already built up frustration.

he hasn't stumbled upon any exits so far And the security camera's are making him nervous, He ended up destroying most of them in hopes that they wouldn't track him that way.

The boy has been travelling through the mostly empty facility for hours, the guards he came across were immediately electrocuted or killed.

His father tries to persuade him into finding a source of nourishment, as he says 'you get more cranky the longer you're hungry.' he kept denying his frustration, but gave in when the familiar empty feeling kept chewing at him.

The boy hunted for a break room, surely there'd be at least some food. Once he found one in a matter of minutes, the boy immediately scouted for any food, or water. His hunger is chewing him away, usually the foundation staff would bring him food three times a day or when he requests for one. Now he doesn't have that privilege anymore.

A some sort of contraption could be seen in the corner of the room, a giant rectangular black box. Pressing his face against the glass, the young man stared at the bag of thin potatoes — or as Ethan calls them 'chips' he could feel his mouth watering.

Obviously he doesn't know how to use this machine, so what did he do? Broke it. He broke the glass by smashing his father pickaxe against it. The shattered glass scattered on the floor, but the young man cared less, he was desperate for food.

Snatching a couple of bags, along with a small red metal bottle. He sat on the ground — don't worry, he had previously destroyed the cameras — and inhaled the food. Struggling a bit with the coke can, but he only stabbed a whole and drank it like a cave man.

After practically inhaling his makeshift meal, The boy stayed in his position, glancing around the room.

"Staying longer will increase the chance of them finding us. We need to move."

His father mumbled, sitting just next to his son. The young man frowned slightly, it hasn't even been a minute, he just wants his food to Finnaly digest and for him to regain energy.