Chapter 10: Cry

The metal door to Steven and Lithian's cell whirs open, revealing none other than – Dr Lincoln, this time however, he looked rough. His hair is messy, chips of wood and dirt covered his body and what looked to be a bruise on his cheek.

"Sheesh.. what happened 't ye? Ye look like ye jus' lost an argument with yer wife." Lithian muttered, setting down his spoon and leaned on his chair.

"One, I do not have a wife. Two–" the doctor closes the door before turning to the two men.

"Valor was throwing a fit in his containment chamber." He flicked off a chip of wood from his coat. "Because a certain someone though it would be funny to tell him that we're assigning you two as D-class personnel's." He rolled his eyes, sitting across from the two.

Steven raised an eyebrow. "As a.. what now?"

"Do you guys even know anything?"

"No 'f course not! We've only been 'ere for like.. four days." Lithian argued.

"Fair enough. So, to make things clear, D-class personnel's are test subjects, criminals on death row who deserve to die." He pointed at the door. "They're also the ones wearing the orange jumpsuits."

Both men frowned. "What 'bout us? What 'r we to ye?" Steven asked.

"That, I am not sure still." A pause. "Even then, it would make it hard for us to get answers from Valor as he would most likely throw another outburst if we turn you two into D-classes."

"Oh how thoughtful of ye." Steven said half-heartedly, a small smile on his face. Dr Lincoln frowned.

"Don't get your hopes up, this is the only time we're bein' nice to ya."

The doctor flipped through his papers, adjusting his glasses. "Steven, valor is your nephew right?"

"How did you know?" Steven eyed him suspiciously.

"Oh please, you think we haven't been listening in your conversations all this time?"

"Wow! What 'n invasion of privacy." Lithian butted in.

"Oh shut it."

Steven sighed, the doctor continues. "Anyways, do you care to elaborate on the origins of SCP-V24-B, the pickaxe."

"The.. the what?" Steven questioned.

The doctor slipped a thin sheet of paper from his small pile, offering it over to the two men. A short and simple description was written, along with a square picture of the familiar cyan weapon. Steven skimmed through it, showing slight confusion at the fare share of notes by the doctors. "For what we know of this anomalous object, an entity by the name 'herobrine' is attached to it, almost in a similar way of ghosts possessing certain objects."

Because of the continued silence by the two men, the doctor continued. "The entity also claims to be the father of SCP-V24."

"..'n who is that?" Lithian asked, dumbfounded.

"Valor of course."

They were silent. "My question is, what exactly is the origins of the pickaxe? How is Herobrine and Valor related to each other?"

Again, they were quiet. Picking their words carefully, deciding wether or not they should answer. "Steven, Lithian, answer the question!" A voice shouted from the speaker. That statement managed to tick Steven off.

"Oh shut yer mouth–! Ye can't order us around like we're sum' machines, put some effort into it will ya? What do ye even do in there?? Order yer workers around so ye can't get yer hands dirty?" He mocked the scientist, standing up from his seat and shouting at the figures behind the glass.