Prologue.

It had been five years, almost to the day since she nearly died. That fateful day they rescued Kobra and Korse had shot her. She took two shots, one to the leg and one to the side. Not to mention the shoulder injury Korse managed to rip wide open.

She had been so optimistic that first month after, things were going well between her and Party Poison and everyone at the diner had settled into their little routines. Almost like a real family.

It still hurt to think of Party Poison, but she tried to keep him out of her mind as much as she could. It had been her choice to leave after all.

He deserved better than what she could offer him. He had begged her to stay, she almost had but she was a liability to them now. She refused to put him In danger for her and she hated how much extra protection they put around her since her injuries. It made him less careful when they had to fight and she was worried one day that would get him killed.

Word amongst the killjoys was Korse was after her seeking revenge for messing up his plan and breaking his leg. Apparently it never fully healed and he walked with a cane now.

She thought removing herself from the diner would protect them, Korse would leave them alone and just go after her.

She was still recovering too, it was more of a struggle out here on her own but she was getting by. Her shoulder had some pretty bad nerve damage from Korse deepening her gun shot wound and her side had issues but without going to a hospital she didn't know to what extent. She just hoped it improved over time. It slowed her down. Her leg was almost normal now, just a huge scar left as a reminder.

She'd had to move around a fair bit the last five years. Korse was yet to find her but Party Posion seemed to have ways to track her down, though that hadnt happend for a while now.

The first time he showed up she almost gave In and went back with him. He had stayed with her for three days until they had a run in with dracs while gathering some supplies. He nearly died that day, more focused on her than the fight. Putting her protection above his safety and nearly getting a shot to the back of the head. So that night after he fell asleep she packed her bag and left again.

The second time he found her she refused to let him In even though it killed her inside. She longed to hold him again, feel his soft kisses on her skin. But she wouldn't be the reason he got hurt, especially if Korse found her.

She always knows when Party had tracked her down again though, he didn't approach her anymore knowing she would just move on but would drop supplies daily to her. She was always gone by the third day.

She was now living in an abandoned convenience store, just on the edge of zone 5. She had plenty of food without having to worry about hunting any down but it's wasn't ideal. The place was falling apart, no one came here and it had been left to just rot. The roof was barely there and she hoped it held up until she moved on. She had no rooms so now slept on the floor on piles of blankets she had found. It was far from the comfort of the diner, but it would do for now. Party hadn't found her this time either and more importantly neither had Korse.

She had a bike now too. She had found an abandoned motorbike quiet early on, left behind from a drac fight. She had painted it black and blue, with a white killjoy spider to make it her own.

It was a depressing life now, she knew that, but she felt it had to be this way.