Chapter twelve.

She woke that morning with a fire raging through her head. The events plus the sheer alcohol consumption had played havoc with her, leaving her severely hungover. She barely drank so it was quite a shock to the system. She rolled over to an empty bed and realised party was no longer beside her, strange as he always waited around for her to wake.

She pulled herself out of bed, every movement sending ripples of pain through her head. She stumbled her way to the kitchen but he wasn't there either, instead she was greeted by a groggy Diamond sprawled across the sofa and Kobra face down on the counter. They looked as bad as she felt.

"Have you seen Party anywhere?" She said her voice surprisingly husky.

"He went out a while ago, took the trans am. He wouldn't say where but he looked wound up" Kobra said rasing his head slightly to look atbher through squinted eyes.

"What? Where the hell would he be going?" She asked Sitting down on the sofa next to Diamond.

"Dont know but he was mean and let the sunlight in" Diamond grumbled pointing the window.

It was another hour before she heard the door of the diner swing open with party strolling through. She jumped up ready to embrace him and stopped dead in her tracks. He was filthy, covered in cuts and had what looked like a black eye forming.

"What the fuck happened! Dracs?" She asked shocked.

"No. Don't worry about it" He asked dismissively and trying to walk past.

"So what was you doing? How did you get so beat up?" She asked growing suspicious and blocking his way.

"Taking care of some business. Its sorted now." He said looking down at his hands.

She followed his gaze and saw blood and cuts all across his hands and knuckles like he had been in the fight if his life.

"What did you do? Who did you fight." She asked, already guessing the answer.

He didnt respond at first, the angry glaze slipping from his eyes and changing to one of concern. He knew she had figured it out.

"I couldn't just leave it as it was. He needed to learn a lesson, what if he tried it again?" He said firmly but quiet.

"Is he alive?" Was all she could ask.

"Yes. Just but he will survive. He knows I wont be so lenient next time."

"Party what the fuck" Kobra said coming alive again.

"Dont ok! The things he said he was planning to do sickened me, I couldn't help it, he's scum!" Party yelled back.

"You didn't need to go looking for him, what if something had a happened to you!" She yelled and punched him on his arm making him wince.

"Enough ok. I couldn't just sit back and let some scumbag have free reign to sexually assault killjoys ok! Last night he could have hurt you, really hurt you. Then who would be next? He wouldn't have stopped." Party said walking closer to her and placing a hand on her arm.

"I dont want you killing for me." She said quietly.

"Hes not dead, I promise. No one hurts you ok?" He said placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

He tasted of the desert with metallic hint of blood. She couldn't believe he would be so stupid to cause such noise, it could bring more trouble to their door, especially with Korse on the prowl.

Party marched down the hallway and she heard a slam of the door to their room. Following him she realised he had gone into the shower so she waited on the bed for him to emerge. It wasn't long before a fresher but still beat up looking party came back into the room.