Chapter 14

Over the next day she noticed a marked difference in Party, he seemed more relaxed and less argumentative. This led to Ghoul having no where to bounce his anger off and in turn he too relaxed. She didn't notice the two of them have any conversation about it, she wondered if they had at any point as looking at them now there was no clues that there had ever been an argument at all.

This led to Diamond feeling more confident to be in the communal rooms with them all again, no longer hiding herself away from the conflict. Laughter filled the room again and things were actually starting to feel almost normal again.

It was a further two days before Jet star and Kobra kid returned unscathed and excited about the information they had acquired. They brought supplies alongside them as gifts from their friends who had not long raided battery city. Jet star was happy to report he now had a restock of antibiotics and pain meds but quickly mentioned they would be hidden as he glanced in her direction. Kobra was boasting about a stack of comic books he had been given and that was all that needed to be mentioned for Ghoul and Party to rush him for them.

She followed Jet to the kitchen area as he began to put away the food supplies they had gathered along the journey. She glanced and noticed it was mainly more tins of power pup but at least they wouldn't starve any time soon.

"Ghoul and Party have made up I see" Jet said reaching onto his bag and pulling out supplies of bandages to add to the cupboard.

"Yeah only the last twenty four hours or so but they seem back on track" She smiled and pulled herself up to sit on the countertop.
"Diamond?" He asked.

"Doing better now there's less tension in the air" She smiled.

"What about you? How's your head doing?" Jet said turning to face her now.

"Me? I'm fine Jet. Honest" She said.

He looked at her quizzically for a few moments before turning back to his task.

"Good, I may have new medical supplies but I'm hoping not to use them for a while yet"

"Its fine Jet! So did you get the information you needed?" She asked changing the subject quickly.

"Yes and no. Their contact works at BL/ind headquarters and is working on getting us an ID card to access the building. He's given us information on korse and a map of the building but we just need to wait on a few more things to filter back through"

"Jet....I dont think we should go through with it" She said quietly.

Jet froze and slowly turned back to face her, a look of confusion and what she thought was a hint of relief. He glanced towards the main area of the diner and when he was sure everyone was preoccupied he leaned in and spoke again.

"I don't think we should either. I'm suprised to hear it from you though, does Party know this?" He said quietly.

"No..."

"Look from what we heard about Korse and the headquarters we are in deeper than we can handle. It would be a suicide mission to take him out."

"We got lucky last time Jet I think our lucks running out. We need to convince the others not to do this, we haven't even had any drac patrols in a while so he's either not coming or has something worse planned that we shouldn't be running straight into." She said grateful he felt the same way.

"I'll bring up the discussion when we sit down to eat, but be prepared it could end up four against two"

She nodded in response and jumped down from the counter to give him a quick hug before making her way back through into the diner area. Party instinctively moved closer to her, his hand casually slipping into hers as he bent down to whisper in her ear.