Chapter 1. Ava "Skywalker" Carens

"I'm Ava, Ava Carens. And you are?"

On March 3, 1969 the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. It's purpose was to teach the lost art of arial combat and to ensure that the handful of men and women who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world.

They Succeeded.

Today, the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School.

The flyers call it: TOP GUN

______________________________

Skywalker was so close to getting that first place trophy in her top gun class. She had beaten almost all of the instructors at arial combat and in record time. But the death of her RIO and Fiancé, Devon "Shark" Elmer, caused her to drop a few points.

Still, Ava "Skywalker" Carens graduated from her Top Gun academy in second place. She proceeded to fly a stealth missions along with Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. However, four months later she got caught on one of her missions and during her escape, hit a high level of G's. In the process, she lost a child she had no idea she was carrying. After that day, Ava Carens vowed that she would never touch an aircraft, ever again.
_________________________________
2012:

Ava was in Miramar, after all these years she couldn't seem to get away. She was too scared of planes, so what choice did she have? Seeing all these new Top Gun flyers coming in and out brought back some painful memories. Yet, something about seeing the hope and arrogance made her feel a little less alone. 

She walked into the bar that she always went to when she knows there's gonna be a bunch of newbie Top Gunners. As much as those memories pain her, she loved to see the bright eyed and hopeful pilots.

As soon as she walked in, she notices about five new pilots already. She could hear their call signs being yelled every now and then. 'Hangman', 'Phoenix', 'Coyote', and the last one she heard made her laugh out loud, 'Rooster'. 

She heard everyone yell to the person as they walked into the bar. Curiosity taking over her, Ava turned to see who this Rooster character was, and when she did, she was in awe. This 6 foot, muscular man with tanned skin, dirty blonde hair, and the stupidest looking moustache that somehow suited him, walked into the bar. He was wearing the white naval suite that pilots typically wore at their graduation and a pair of aviators. 

Ava tried to ignore the tall, handsome man but she kept finding herself looking at him every now and then, cursing herself every time she did. At one point when she looked up at him, he was staring back, causing her to instantly turn her gaze away and blush. 

Embarrassed, Ava proceeded to hesitantly look back to the spot where he was, but he was gone. Had she scared him off? She wondered to herself.

Kicking herself internally for scaring off the new pilot, she was about to grab her things and head out the door. But just then there was a tap on her shoulder.

Ava turned around to see none other than the infamous Rooster, holding a microphone in his hand with a smile, and then he started singing. 

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips." Just then, one of the only female pilots came up and joined him in his singing. "And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips." Ava couldn't help but smile as Rooster continued on the song. "You're trying hard not to show it, but baby, baby I know it."