37 ➹ tomorrow at eight

consume  | chase atlantic❝ please understand that i'm trying my hardestmy head's a mess but i'm trying regardlessanxiety is one hell of a problem ❞

consume | chase atlantic
❝ please understand that i'm trying my hardest
my head's a mess but i'm trying regardless
anxiety is one hell of a problem ❞

CALEB DOESN'T SPARE me a second glance. "Luca I really don't have the time to deal with this, I've got to-" His shoulders drop in relief when he finds something and he stands at his full height ignoring my presence as he scrolls through his phone.

"No, you'd want to know." I half-laugh even though nothing about what I've just heard is funny, I mean I thought it was until I grasped that it wasn't a joke.

"Spit it out." Atlas is the one to talk and my eyes momentarily leave Caleb as they fall onto him.

"You haven't spoken to Sage today, have you?"

Caleb finally looks up from his phone, "what?" He's mastered his poker face over the years - getting out of trouble by playing dumbfounded, showing no emotion when he's beating the shit out of someone and recently added to the collection of faces is the 'I'm acting like I'm not looking at you, but I really am.' Though the last one is currently reserved for a specific person.

"You know what I asked."

He shrugs aimlessly before his eyes fall back onto his phone. "Not that I can remember."

"You don't remember who you've talked to today?" Disbelief drips from my tone. Caleb isn't stupid, he's taking note of how needy I am for him to admit that he did talk to Sage in order to calculate how he should approach the situation.

"Wait...yeah I did, why?"

"Because then you'd know that he -"

"Caleb I can't not go into the ar-" Sage's familiar voice cuts me off as he enters the dorm, he stops talking as soon as realises Caleb isn't alone. The dark hues of his blue eyes hold my gaze until he starts talking again and rips his gaze off of me. "Hey, guys." He greets with a weak smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. I'm so taken aback at the dim of his usual liveliness that I catch myself greeting him back.

"Did you get my message?" Caleb asks swiftly and I observe as he watches Sage with a knowing look, his green eyes boring into Sage's as if to tell him he should probably be on his phone right now.

Sage wipes his eyes shaking his head, "no, I just woke up." he groans, with hints of roughness in his voice attesting to the fact that he has indeed just awoke.

"At this time?" Atlas asks confused, I mean the sun is barely coming down and I bet it's only five so it's not like he's being completely judgmental.

"Yeah, don't you take naps all the time?" I assume Atlas shakes his head from behind him me because Sage mouths and 'oh.' "Well, it's not a huge surprise."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you know...beauty sleep."

"You calling me ugly Sage? You know that hurts my feelings."