41 ➹ boyfriends

boyfriends | harry styles❝ boyfriends, are they just pretending?they don't tell you where it's headingand you know the games never ending ❞

❝ boyfriends, are they just pretending?
they don't tell you where it's heading
and you know the games never ending ❞

"IT'S KIND OF nice you know, having almost everyone turn on me but you guys."

Regina's voice comes to a halt from the tv and I turn to see Amber holding the remote, whilst Nadia gets up from her laid down position on my bed.

I've taken the risk of sitting on my roommate's one, not wanting for all of us to be squeezed onto mine. However, the more I think about the decision the less appealing it becomes due to the severe paranoia that comes along with sitting on Margaux's bed, who just happens to be a clean freak.

Once, Amber had accidentally spilt a little of her green tea - or I assume that's what type of tea it was. Anyways, she spilt a little on Margaux's bed whilst walking over to mine and Margaux had gone off.

Amber struck back, of course, telling her to accept the apology or to go cry somewhere else. Margaux hadn't liked that very much.

I don't think either of them were having a good day, because once the scene had passed and the weeks had followed, Amber and Margaux created a friendship of their own.

Now, Amber purposefully brings her tea to the dorm and acts as if she struggles to balance it. Margaux will look up and roll her eyes before going back to her work, but there's always a lingering smile on her lips as she does so.

"Don't say that, we have more than each other." Nadia's the first to speak, bringing me out of my daze and offering me a small smile whilst doing so. It's one of the few genuine ones I've seen her share in the past couple of days.

"It's true though, isn't it? Like, of course, I've got Tommy and you have Ari and Billie and everyone else and Ambs has Emery, but it's different. Being in a situation verse observing it."

"You know I would feel so connected to what you're saying if it were any other day, but the thought of sweaty teenagers jumping into the creek a couple of hundred metres away from us is really putting me off," Amber says partially absentmindedly and partially not.

"Amber!" Nadia chokes out with a little laugh before an emotion I can't quite decipher flashes across her features causing her to quiet down.

I glance over at Amber whose bottom lip's sawing back and forth between her teeth as if she's contemplating whether to say something or not. "He isn't going." She finally says.

Nadia's brows furrow, a crease forming in between them. "What?" She sputters out.

"Who you're thinking about, he isn't going."

"I wasn't-" Nadia stops herself, not even attempting to deny it. She doesn't meet any of our eyes as she continues. "I don't care anymore."

I'm not sure if she notices how her voice wavers at the statement, but she doesn't comment on it and neither do we.