The Day after

Meredith woke up with the sun shining through her face, she turned around to see Andrew still asleep next to her, his laying on his stomach.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed after realizing what happened.

"What, what happened?" Andrew asked absently,still half asleep sitting up straight.

" I'm gonna get fired" she mumbled nervously.

"Oh my,--" he said in shock after realizing what she meant.

"Oh my god I'm going to lose my job and I just started it" she said breathing heavily.

"Why would you lose your job, it's just sex" he said trying to soothe her.

"Well yeah with my boss" best friend" she said trying to make her point.

"If you get fired, I will too because it's the two of us and--  I clearly remember I kissed you first" he said.

"So if we get fired it's your fault?" she asked amused.

"No I didn't say that- I just meant-- no one needs to know, not Nick nor your friends. It's between just the two of us" he explained.

"So we're going to pretend this never happened?" she asked calmly.

"Y-yeah, because it never should have happened in the first place" he answered.

~~

"Is it true that April had a crush on you before?" Meredith asked, they're now in a restaurant having lunch before they made their way to the airport.

"Oh yeah" Andrew chuckled.

"He also mentioned you were a bully" Meredith added looking up at him.

"That, that's not true" he denied "I was a good student I was focused on my studies, I maybe a bully sometime but only with guys never with girls" he tried to defend himself.

"Well that's I heard" she said shortly taking a sip of her water

"Did you believe them?" He then asked.

"Did I believe them? Yes, at some point because you were a jerk and you acted like you're our boss but you're not, you're tougher than Nick" she answered.

"Wow, I was hoping for an yes or no answer but yeah sure, I'll take that" he said a trying to sound like offended.

"But now I know you better than any of my co-workers, I kinda change my mind" she chuckle.
"You're a great person you just don't want people to see it and get to know you" she added.

"I depend my act to the people I am with" he tried to reasons himself.

"So, this- you being nice to me is all just an act? and when we get back to work tomorrow you'll be the jerk Deluca again?" she asked.

"No, this isn't an act, this is me being real, this is the real me." he said with a sigh.

Meredith just looked at him with a slight smile.
As Andrew received a texted.

"Hmm, Nick wanted to talked to us tomorrow, he'll meet us in the airport" he said reading Nick's message.

"About what?" she asked.

"He didn't say. It's probably about the Hendersons" he said putting his phone back to his pocket.

"Speaking of the Henderson what do you think about them?" she asked taking a bite of her pasta.

"What do you mean?" he asked frowning out of confusion.

"I mean their company and-all" she said

"Oh, professionally speaking they're great, they both are. But I have doubts to their company" he answered.

"They're great but you have doubts?" she looked at him confused.

"Hmm, I had a research about them before we meet them, and when they were starting their company they had a insurance fraud scandal with another company that was closed because of it" he tried to explain earning a 'wanting to know more' look from Meredith. "The company that closed, took the fall for the Henderson because I think they had an agreement or something"

"How'd you know about all of that? they don't put that kind of confidentialities in the internet" she frowned.

"My uh- uncle was one of the employees in that company back then" he said.

"Oh where is he now?" she asked carefully not wanting to push him.

"He died, that was a long time ago I read it in his diary" he said.

"Have you heard anything about privacy Mr Deluca?" she chuckled.

"I was 10" he tried to defend himself.

"Yeah, whatever" she chuckle shooking her head.

~~

They arrived at the airport almost 7 pm, and Nick came to pick them up.

"Hey" Andrew greeted,opening the car door sitting on the passenger seat, Nick's driving.

"Good evening,sir" Meredith greeted smiling slightly sitting at the back.

"Good evening, did you have dinner yet?" Nick asked as he started the car.

"We had a crappy sandwich on the plane, does that count?" Andrew chuckled. "No, we didn't"

"Great, we'll have dinner then because as I mentioned to you I have something to discuss with you, Meredith" Nick said looking at Meredith through the window, earning a confused look from Andrew.

"Sir?" she asked confused, her eyes widened after hearing him called her by her first name.

To be continued...

What do you think?

So I know a lot of you have been asking about this story, whether it's a merluca or mernick story, it might seem like it's merluca but it's not, I'm telling you, it's a MerNick story.promise.