Back at Work

"Hey, how was France?" Cristina asked as Meredith walked towards her desk.

"Good, great, yeah i-its us- great" she rambled nervously.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex asked, frowning out of confusion.

"Nothing's wrong with me just- glad I'm back at work" Meredith said not looking up at either one of them.

"Hey uh, need help with your stuff?" they heard Andrew from behind.

"Good morning, Mr Deluca" Cristina greeted confused.

"Yang, Karev" Andrew said looking at them. "Ms Grey, need a hand with your things? I have free time I could help you?" he suggested. Cristina and Alex just looking at them confused.

"Uh, help with exactly?" Meredith asked looking up at him.

"Your office" Andrew answered shortly.

"Office?" Alex and Cristina asked in union looking at each other in shock.

"Yeah, apparently I have my own office now" Meredith said smiling slightly. "And no, Mr Deluca I think I can handle this my own, thank you though" she smiled apologetically at him.

"Oh, okay. Let me know if you change your mind. You know where to find me" he smiled at her before walking back to his own office.

"So, you're friends with him now?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, kinda. Why?" Meredith asked.

"Nothing-- just, a week ago you kept talking shit about him and now he's your bestie after 3 days in France with him" Alex said.

"Yeah, of course we became friends but just- friends nothing more" Meredith defended.

"Why are you so defensive?" Cristina asked looking at her skeptically.

"What?" Meredith asked acting innocent.

"You're hiding something and you won't tell us" Cristina answered. "Something you want to tell us, just say it"

"I do not have something to tell you because-- there's nothing to tell" Meredith said with a sigh.

"Yeah, sure" Cristina nodded slowly, not really convinced

"Alex will you help me bring my stuff there later, please?" Meredith asked

"Yeah, sure" Alex nodded.

"Thank you" she smiled genuinely.

~~

"Ms Grey" Meredith heard from behind her. She turned around to see Nick walking towards her.

"Mr Marsh?" she gave back

"My office, in 5" Nick announced.

"Yes, sir" Meredith nodded.

"What's that about? Your friends with him now too?" Alex asked.

"Shut up, we have a new project and he wants me in it" Meredith said annoyed.

"Project, again?" Cristina asked.

"Where's Jackson and April by the way, the last time I saw them was when I left for France?" Meredith asked, trying to changed the subject afraid she might spill something about her contract with Nick.

"Personal days so we've been doing their work for days now" Cristina said annoyed.

"Marsh haven't picked the new head of the department yet so" Alex said. "Well I'm kinda confident it's either me or Yang"

"You wish evil spawn, it's going be me" Cristina said confidently.

"Don't be overconfident, he's going to hire someone" Meredith said before standing up making her way to Nick's office.