Lexie's Arrival

"Hey, I heard Mr Marsh is picking the new head of our department?" Cristina asked, she and Alex were entering Meredith's office.

"Ye-yeah, he will" Meredith answered not looking up at them.

"Did he mention who it is?" Alex asked, as he and Cristina sat on the couch, next to each other.

"He did, but I won't tell you about it" Meredith said typing something on her computer.

"Oh come on. Just give us a clue Mer" Cristina whined, "Is it me? or Alex. Pretty sure it's me because I earned it, I'm better than any of us" she added confidently.

"Oh shut it Yang, it's going to be me" Alex shot back.

"Will you two please lower your voice" Meredith said kinda annoyed looking up at them the first time.

"What's wrong with you?" Cristina asked frowning.

" I just-- have a lot of work to do and you're distracting me" Meredith answered, looking back at her paperwork, signing it.

"Is that a wedding ring?" Alex asked, glancing at Meredith's finger.

"It's none of your business, it's nothing" Meredith said, coldly stacking up the papers.

"Oh my god, that diamond is huge" Cristina exclaimed.

"Did you get married and forgot to tell us" Alex asked, acting offended.

"It's not that. It's nothing just-- don't ask anything about it" Meredith said standing up.

"Come on Mer, we've barely hung out because you're always with Deluca and Marsh, you can't even look at us while you're talking" Alex said softly.

"Yeah because I'm working" Meredith said standing in front of them. "And about Nick picking the new head of your department, it's not going to be either one of you" she added

"What? then who is it?" Cristina asked.

"He hired a new one. That's all I know" Meredith answered. "Excuse me" she added before walking out of the room. Leaving Alex and Cristina confused.

~~~

Nick was sitting inside his office when he heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in" he yelled, loud enough for the person to hear it.

"Mr Marsh, here's the paperworks you asked me yesterday" he heard Meredith, he looked up and saw her walking towards his desk. "It's all here" she added handing it to him.

"You've done it already?" Nick asked, surprised taking it from her hand.

"I did, told you I am good at what I do" she smiled at him confidently.

"Guess, you really deserve the job after all" Nick sigh.

"I know" Meredith said in agreement. "By the way my sister's is running a little bit late today, I'm sorry" she added.

"It's okay, I understand" Nick said.

"You should tell her -- I mean we should tell her about the contract" Meredith said shyly, sitting on the chair in front of Nick's desk.

"Why?" Nick asked.

"She asked me where I'm staying and I can't just tell her I'm living with my boss" Meredith answered sarcastically. "I don't have anymore excuses. Can we please tell her?" she plead smiling sadly at him.

"Okay, sure. I'll talk to her later" Nick smiled at her.

"Really?" she asked surprised, smiling brightly.