The Shepherds

"Are they here?" Andrew asked while entering Nick's office, Meredith was sitting in front of Nick's desk.

"On the way" Nick answered shortly.

"When did they land?" Andrew asked sitting on the couch.

"Last night" Meredith answered.

"You live with him now?" Andrew chuckled slightly at Meredith.

"Apparently,yes" Meredith chuckled back, smiling at him.

"Why?" Andrew asked frowning out of confusion.

"Shepherds are going to stay at his place for a while until they brought their own house or at least find an apartment" Meredith tried to explain.

"Hotel? have they thought about staying in a hotel?" Andrew asked again.

"They did, but Derek wanted to spend more time with Nick and so does Nick so, they're staying with us in one roof for lets say at least a week or so" Meredith said

"And then you'll move out?" Andrew suggested frowning slightly.

"I-" Meredith didn't have the chance to answer when Nick interrupted her.

"She won't, she'll stay with me as long as the project is going" Nick said. Meredith just nodded hesitantly in agreement.

"Don't worry we're not sleeping in the same room" Meredith said giving him an encouraging smile.

"Yet" Nick said.

"What?" Meredith and Andrew asked in union looking at Nick confused.

"What do you mean yet?" Meredith asked.

"When they arrive at the house, they'll be staying in the room you're using the past days, so you'll sleeping in my room" Nick said looking at her eyes, drowning himself in it.

"Do I need to cuddle with you too?" Meredith said, sarcastically.

"I'd love to" Nick grind at her teasingly.

"Not a chance" Meredith chuckled in disbelief.

Andrew just sat there watching the scenario of teasing in front of him.

"My friends are asking about me being close to you two, and I'm running out of excuses" Meredith said after some moment.

"Just tell them about the contract, they'll get it" Andrew said.

"I can't, it's confidentiality. Cristina and Alex are confident that one of them is going to be the new head of the department, they didn't know Nick hired Lexie and she's starting on Monday" Meredith explained slowly. "Hiring Lexie is part of the contract"

"Nick, you have to tell them at some point" Andrew said.

"I know that" Nick shot back

"How are you going to tell them? I'm sure most of your employees are having suspicions why Meredith spent more time in your office" Andrew said.

"My only excuse to my friends is about the new project with Mr Shepherd" Meredith said.

"We're going to tell them that we got married a year ago and it's private so no one knew about it. A secret marriage, let's say" Nick begun "But we're not going to tell them about the fake marriage" he added.

"You really think they'd believe that?" Andrew scoff in disbelief leaning against the couch.

"Why, you don't trust us? I told you I'm good at keeping secrets" Meredith said, slightly annoyed.

"No, it's not that. I'm just saying, how are you going to explain it to them, they're going to think Nick promoted you because you two are a thing and not because you earned it" Andrew tried to made his point.