Chapter 11

-Some vulgar language.-

Violet's POV

"Anna? Is that you?'" I call into the dark. Anna surfaces from the blackness and steps in front of me.

"Violet..." Her voice is raspy. I reach out for her hand but she disappears. The ground starts to shake, and I'm thrown off balance. "Anna!" I yell, trying to stand.

"Violet...." Her voice is force full and loud. The ground continues to rattle, my brain pounds against my skull. Gripping my head, I stand and start to walk in the direction of Anna's voice. Then, she comes out from behind a curtain of darkness. Her face shows terror and pain. She holds out her arms and I can see her scars, only they're fresh. Blood trickles down her wrists and hits the still-shaking ground. My mind is blurred and all I can see is Anna's sad face.

I wake with a start. I'm breathing heavy, my eyes dart around the room. I spot the familiar Batman poster and relax a little, knowing that I was in my own room. I peel the comforter off and swing my legs over the side of the bed, surprised that they don't feel numb. I walk over to my dresser and change my gauges to my Silver Surfer ones. I put on clean, black skinny jeans and my Silver Surfer tee and silently walk down the steps.

"Hey honey," Mom calls from the kitchen. I sit on a seat across from the twins and tap my fingers on the smooth wood surface of the table. I let my mind wander off in space, thinking about anything and everything. 

"Well, well , well. Violet Blaze is up before noon on a Saturday." Jake says as he bounds down the steps. Violet Blaze is my full name and my Aunt named me, and she's a big Ghost Rider fan. She named me after Johnny Blaze.

I feign hurt, "Gee, Jake Bruce, I didn't know you could be so mean." My Uncle named Jake. He's a big fan of Batman. My parents wanted us to have normal names so my Aunt and Uncle gave us weird middle names. At least mine is cool.

Jake sits down with his coffee and before he can say anything else, Dad walks in. I've barely said a full sentence to him since I came home from the hospital and it's been extremely awkward. I can tell that Jake has had a similar experience. The twins finish their cereal and run upstairs to put on their tutu's and ballet slippers. They've been dancing since they could walk.

Dad sits at the head on the table and sips his coffee. I walk over to the fridge and grab an apple before going up to my room. I feel kinda bad for leaving Jake alone with Dad but hey, he's 21 and in the army, he can handle it. I finish my apple and throw on my chucks. I shove a snapback on my head and grab my guitar. I walk past the dinning room where Jake and Dad are talking, probably about sports or something masculine. I walk out the door and close my eyes, enjoying the sunlight.

About an hour, I had made my way to the busiest street corner and lay my snapback on the ground. I sling my guitar strap over my head and grip the neck. I strum for a bit before starting to sing,

All my life you know I haven't been very love strong

 There's been so many fights that I fought and I never won

 So I decided that I should just give up in trying to right your wrongs

 And word on the street is that she did to you what you did to me.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

 Bang! Bang! Bang! Boy!

 You're goin' down, down, down, boy

 To the ground where you left my heart to bleed.

 Bang! She shot you.

 Karma tastes so sweet.