𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

*Song recommendation for this chapter: Come a Little Closer - Cage the Elephant*

As Amanda harshly rubbed her index finger against the paper, she noticed Eddie sit himself up, rubbing his eyes as he exhaled loudly. Amanda stayed quiet, focusing on smearing the drawing to provide some sort of shading. 

"Amanda?" Eddie mumbled, nearly waddling towards the kitchen. 

"Jesus, what time is it?" Eddie winced as the harsh light met his eyes, causing him to shield his face with his hand held outwards. 

"Around nine." Amanda spoke quietly, biting at her lip as she focused on the drawing in front of her. Eddie paid no attention to her, and instead began to search through the cabinets for what Amanda assumed would be food. 

"There's no beer? Just damn canned food." Eddie groaned at the sight of the empty cabinets, upset that the food Rick had was not within his taste. 

"I saw some frozen pancakes in the freezer, but I'm not sure if he has a microwave." Amanda looked to Eddie, whos hand was rubbing against his forehead as if he was in some sort of pain. 

"That's fine, I'll put them in the toaster or something." 

Amanda had been drawing what she had remembered the night before, in hopes that if she had ever forgotten it she could look back at the drawing and remember. It was the man in the newspapers she'd found, though his hair was a light brown instead of a gray color. 

Eddie's eyes met the drawing, leading him closer to Amanda. He scanned the drawing, before looking to her with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"You're drawing your dad? What is that, a chess piece next to him?" Eddie questioned, causing Amanda to momentarily freeze. 

"That's my father? Wait, are you sure?" Amanda looked to him with her eyes shot open, as if he had said something horrible. And, in fact, he had. 

"Yeah, I remember him from when I was seven. Stopped by your house and took you away for three weeks. After that you kind of... stopped talking to me." Eddie sat himself next to her, his eyes glued to the drawing. 

"Wait, three weeks? I don't... I don't remember any of that." Amanda spoke quietly as she tried to piece things together in her mind, but she'd drawn a blank. 

"Yeah, he came back with three other guys. Had a long talk with your mom or something. You seriously don't remember?" Eddie pulled the drawing towards him, trying to make sense of what it meant. 

"No, I don't. But that's..." 

"Martin Brenner, I know. I saw him in the paper years ago, something about human experimentation. Other than that, I don't know much about him." Eddie shrugged, his eyes finally meeting hers. It was as if, in that very moment, Eddie saw a lightbulb flash in her eyes. 

"Hawkins Lab, he worked there. Eleven is from Hawkins Lab, and if her number was eleven..." 

"There must've been more, right?" Eddie chimed in, his eyes widening as he realized what Amanda was talking about. 

"Eddie, ever since I can remember, I've had this tattoo on my wrist. It's not a number, it's actually a butterfly. I don't remember having it when I was very little, but in first grade I remember it just appearing." Amanda rolled up her sleeve, revealing the butterfly. It had no artistic features, but rather a stick-figure like style. 

As they both scanned it, they first noticed the number 1 hidden in the butterfly, posing as it's body. Before it, a 0 hidden in it's wing, and a 9 hidden in the other. Had she not known to look for numbers, they were not visible to the eye.