[10] you're too important

it was just after 10:30pm when oikawa and akaashi finished at dinner. they stayed talking for an extra hour after their food was done, catching up on everything they missed they couldn't properly convey over text. it felt like old times when the two would hang out after school at some onirigi place  and sit for hours just to talk.

they've known each other for so long that oikawa just knew every detail about akaashi, so when oikawa began uttering his bullshit about akaashi having a crush, he couldn't help but wonder if it was true. akaashi had very few crushes in his lifetime with most of them not lasting for more than a few months.

sure he had admirers over the years and people who asked him out, but akaashi never had an official relationship. it had been so long since akaashi even had a crush he didn't remember what one felt like.

'do i like him? there's no way...'

no matter how much akaashi tried to convince himself, he couldn't admit that he didn't have at least some form of feelings toward bokuto. so as akaashi entered the company elevator with the mission to return bokuto's card, oikawa's words kept replaying in his head.

"you'll realize it eventually."

the elevator sprung to life as it began it's ascend to the top floor. it slowed as it reached the top, halting altogether as the doors opened with a ding.

he walked down the hallway grabbing his electronic key card from his bag. he was one of the few people who had access to bokuto's office at all times. it wasn't surprising though considering the late nights akaashi pulled to get projects done. he pressed the key into the card receiver, the red light turning green. he pulled open on the door, expecting it to be pitch black inside.

instead, the room was already lit up, a sleeping bokuto slumped over his desk. akaashi mouth gaped, not expecting to find anyone in here, much let his sleeping boss. he quietly crept towards the other carefully, not wanting to scare him awake. he watched as bokuto's chest slowly rose and fell in a peaceful slumber.

akaashi noted the scrunch in bokuto's face as if he was still stressed even in his sleep and the dark circles that painted his under eyes. the older had been working his ass off as of late. ever since his dad retired and passed the company down, bokuto had been desperately trying to prove to the world that he deserved the position. he once told akaashi, "this launch is my chance to prove that i can manage this company just as well as my dad, if not better, so i'll run myself dry on this collection if i have to."

akaashi's eyes wandered down to the computer screen that was left open. it was still on, meaning that bokuto couldn't have fallen asleep that long ago. it was opened on a copy of the patent for the launch name that had yet to be revealed to the public—"heritage" as it was named.

it was a tribute to ancient japenese styles while still applying a modern twist to the kimono. it was a risky concept but kuroo believed in bokuto's vision and with combined efforts they got the idea approved by the companies board of directions.

akaashi shut the computer, his eyes falling back upon the sleeping male. oikawa wasn't wrong, bokuto was undeniably handsome. he had bold and broad features in all the right ways with a muscular build and attractive features. he had long eye lashes that fluttered with every twitch in his sleep. akaashi wanted to run a thumb over them but he quickly
ripped himself out of those thoughts.

'what would bokuto think about you staring at him in his sleep like a creep? get a hold of yourself!'

he gently shook bokuto's shoulders, the other's eyes opening at the touch. he slowly sat up, a confused look overcoming his face as he gathered his bearings.