9

Gasping

Gasping.

Heizou quickly sat up on his bed and looked around. realizing that he's in his own bedroom, the detective released a sigh of relief. remembering the dream,
he groaned and buried his face in his hands.

"What was that dream?" mumbling to himself while trying to shake off the thoughts of her bloody body. the horrifying graphic image was still fresh in his mind and he can't stop his heart shaking.

Whatever that dream or nightmare was, it left Heizou traumatized. ever since she went missing, Heizou has been getting these type of nightmares where her body is either being dragged, tortured, cut up, sliced, etc.

As if she was a rabbit being hunted by a predator.

Deciding to get a glass of water, the detective stood up and left his bedroom. sitting on a chair nearby his kitchen with a glass of water in his hand, Heizou thought about all the clues they had collected for the past weeks.

Yes, it has been a few weeks since Dainsleif had joined their team to help look for Kamisato (Y/n). so far, they had made up a few predictions and theories, as well as exploring Inazuma to make sure they didn't miss anything.

The rabbit hole doesn't relate to the abyss which made them glad because it will make things harder for them. they are now sure that (Y/n) is stuck in the rabbit hole because she can't disappear when no one had any grudge against her.

It's either she went in her own free will or she was under something that made her think the rabbit hole is a safe place.

Unfortunately, the second option was most likely because (Y/n) isn't the type to leave her siblings all alone, despite her being the youngest. she's the type that would stay in her clan and support her older siblings.

"Ah, you're really trying to torture me, huh?" Heizou said as he stared up at the ceiling. thinking about how she can make his heart quicken even though he hasn't seen her in years is something that still makes Heizou shake his head in disbelief.

Laughing bitterly, Heizou's green eyes starts to turn glassy as he thinks about her. every day and night, he wishes he could at least see her one last time. he knows that she must be even more beautiful and mature right now.

Her gorgeous (e/c) eyes and bright smile was one of the few favorite things he admired about her. it can easily make his cheek warm up as well his heart doing backflips.

Does he love her?

That is something that Heizou can't answer for now, but what he knows and feels is that he wants to protect her for the rest of her life once he finds her again. be by her side even when she's married to another man. support her dreams when everyone else doesn't approve.

Heizou will do anything for her.

She was the push that made him the greatest detective in Inazuma today. she was the reason why he wants to help others. she's the one that drive him crazy.

"I'm going to find you and bring you back home." Heizou declared to himself while staring at his window on his left. outside the window was the crescent moon staring down at him and greeting a small hello.

"Okay, let's go over what we have so far

"Okay, let's go over what we have so far." Aether said as he held a scroll with all the clues and data they gathered for the past few weeks.

"Right now, we are sure she's stuck in the rabbit hole. although we don't know how, something or someone has driven her there. it's either her trauma or anxiety. another thing is that we don't know if she's alive or not."

Dainslief hummed, "let's now talk about the assumption i came up. when i said that (Y/n) isn't really (Y/n), what i had meant was that her other half had taken over her. everyone has their two sides, the bad and good ones."

"So you're saying that the bad side of her had taken her to the rabbit hole?" Paimon asked.

Nodding in confirmation, "correct, i'm predicting that she was driven to the rabbit hole herself, but from her evil side. like what Heizou had said, she's not the type to leave on her own free will."

"I see, so being traumatized and being affected by our parent's death had made her mentally mad to the point she switched to the other side of her. it makes sense because she had probably held it all in until she couldn't anymore. whenever i had asked her if she was truly alright, she had always plastered a smile and said she's fine, but i doubt she was." Ayato said as he sadly thought about how he should've been there for her more.

Patting on his shoulder in comfort, "don't worry, my lord. i'm sure you tried your best to heal her, but you were too busy at the time to reclaim your clan," Thoma said.

"Still... i should've at least talked to her more and knew if something was wrong. i'm her big brother, i'm supposed to be the one that takes the responsibility. i'm supposed to be one that protects my younger siblings. not only because of a promise i made with my father, but also because they are the only ones i have left," Ayato said as he gripped his own sleeve tightly.

Everyone stayed silence as they could only listen to Ayato's rant. the Kamisato lord isn't the only one feeling this way, but Heizou felt the same way as well.

Back when he would go to the same beach spot with (Y/n), he remembers that he would be there for her, but now look where they are now.

They don't even know if she's alive.

"(Y/n) wouldn't want you to feel that way." Heizou broke the tense atmosphere. everyone in the room now looked at the detective who only gazed down at the floor with regret and guilt.

"I promised to be there for her, but look what happened. she has been gone for a few years and i don't even know if she's okay," Heizou said angrily.

Continuing on, "every single day, i think about if she's okay. is she scared? is she lonely? is she at least breathing? i said i would be her number one Heizou who will find her no matter where she is and i tend to still keep that promise...wherever she is, we will find her. i don't care if it will take a few more years, as long i see her in front of me, then i'm willing to risk anything."

Ayato stared at Heizou for a moment until he let out a genuine smile, "Heizou."

Looking up, Heizou sees Ayato smiling at him which surprised everyone else including the detective.

"Once we find her, please take care of her for me and this is coming from a big brother, not the Kamisato lord."

Blinking in shock, the detective nodded with a serious expression, "i'll find her and bring her back home, my lord."

"Thank you, detective Heizou."

a/n: i want to hug Ayato and Heizou because they still blame themselves for (Y/n) being missing💔

(not edited)
6/18/22