21 (end)

a/n: before you start reading, thank you for trusting me 😉 if you didn't, thank you for staying until the end <3

Heizou's POV

I thought that i could be her number one detective and her number one Heizou...but i was wrong. dead wrong. when i had fallen and taken myself to the rabbit hole, i really thought that i could change this destiny. i really thought that i could change her.

After all the signs i ignored and the emotions i felt, i truly thought that i can bring her back. in my heart, i wanted to bring her smile back, but in my head.. my mind is telling me to stop. stop this madness and just let her go. she had already suffered enough, so let her enjoy the afterlife.

"What if i'm selfish, huh? what if i'm selfish to the point that i want her and not let her leave me?"

Sitting on the sandy beach, i watch the clear water coming towards me then back out to the sea. although it was a serene sight, my mind was still distracted.

(Y/n).

Your name was truly a gift to me. your presence was a blessing in my life. whenever i thought about you, i asked myself if i was feeling okay, because every time i hear your name from someone else's mouth or when i look at your self portrait, it makes me wonder if you're feeling the same. are you feeling the same bubbly emotion as well?

Sighing to myself, i continued on thinking about our memories playing together. the precious memories we both experienced and shared.

(Y/n).

Did you know that ever since you went missing, i couldn't stop myself on letting you go? before the whole rabbit hole investigation, i still didn't want to let you go. not just yet.

I know that the gods are probably laughing at me from this foolish mortal thing, but i can't help it. when we had first met, i noticed how tired you looked. the burden you have been carrying around your shoulders. the knife slowly cutting your body until it bleeds.

Chuckling to myself, i lied down on the cold sand and stared at the sky. the cloud reflecting off my green hues and the blue background mixing with my green eyes.

If i ever get to see you again, the first few words i want to say to you is...

"I'm sorry."

Covering my glassy eyes with my arm and sighing shakily, i repeated the words once more. "i'm sorry..i'm sorry..i'm so sorry."

Kamisato (Y/n). you deserve an apology. an apology not just from me, but from this cruel world you used to live in. not only did you suffer from the pain that the world had caused for you, but you had left the world before you could even dream it.

As i kept on repeating the same words, i felt wet salty tears rubbing down my cheeks. holding back a sob, i thought about how you could've lived a better longer life.