10

While everyone was discussing the plans of the rabbit hole, a loud knock from outside interrupted everyone's thoughts

While everyone was discussing the plans of the rabbit hole, a loud knock from outside interrupted everyone's thoughts. before Heizou could tell the intruder to come in or open the door himself, the door barged opened loudly.

"D-Detective Heizou! you need to s-see this!" one of the lower rank detectives said with slight fear in his voice. this caused everyone to glance at one another with a perplex expression.

Following the detective quickly, everyone sees a crowded area. most people were whispering to each other while others avoid the scene due to the disturbance.

Walking through the crowded, Heizou stopped as he watch what's in front of him, as well as everyone else. Paimon shrieked and hid behind Aether who glared on what's laying on the ground. both Ayato and Dainslief held an unreadable expression while Thoma looked disturbed like the other people around them.

A few guards and detectives from the Tenryou commission were trying to part the crowd, telling them to leave so they can investigate on what happened.

Heizou felt his own body feeling the chills as he stayed frozen in fear. never in his life did he experience this type of scene. sure, he gets a bit scared from any crime scenes, but this? whatever this was, it made his world turn upside down.

There lying in the middle of the city, in the middle of the crowd, in front of everyone's eyes was a headless rabbit, making the once gray stone floor into a blood bath.

The white rabbit had its red eyes open while the mouth was a bit gaped. the flesh was something that made a few people vomit while others covered their nose to prevent any deceased scent coming.

"W-Who did this? no.. how?" Heizou was speechless. he doesn't know what to do or what to ask.

Was this whole thing on purpose or was it just pure coincidence?

Ayato walked up towards the guards and discussed what happened and what they had discovered so far. Aether placed his hand on Heizou's shoulder to snap him out of his daze.

"Are you okay?"

He asked the detective who looks to be a bit shaken up. Heizou glanced at the blonde traveler and just nodded, "sorry, it's just that i never experienced this before..."

"Do you think this was a coincidence?" Paimon asked as she watch the crowd finally disperse, leaving only a few commission guards and lower rank detectives.

Dainsleif stared at the bleeding headless rabbit, "i don't think it is. either someone knows we are trying to find the rabbit hole and decided to warn us, or something is coming."

Ayato nodded towards the guard and walked back to the group after discussing with the guard about what happened, "they said that no one witness anything suspicious so they don't know what really caused this. all they know was that a woman found it when she walking around the city."