18

(i highly recommend playing the music above)

a/n: if you haven't already, read chapter 17 before this chapter ☺️

Do you like the rain?

The small water droplets falling down from the gray sky, resembling small tears running down from someone's dull eyes. the cold breeze blowing into your face, giving you the chills to your cheeks and warm hands. the once dry ground soaking up all the hydrogen, making it looked like it was waiting for this. waiting to get hydrated with its delicious water.

How long has it been since Heizou has locked himself up? ever since that day he had saw her body, Heizou finds his hands trembling every time he tries to do something. if he picks up a cup of water, it would spill to the ground or when his neat handwriting would drift off to a messy font, creating an unreadable letter.

The trauma was haunting him just like his past nightmare he would dreamt about. it hurt, it hurt a lot and he didn't like it one bit. all he wanted was to find her, but the world had other plans.

When the Kamisato siblings had set up a proper funeral a week ago, Heizou was the only one who didn't show up. that may seem show a sign of disrespect, but the ones who had known him well enough understood why.

Heizou is completely blaming himself.

Drowning himself in grief and sorrow for the past few weeks, the young detective stared up at the office ceiling and sighed. he remembered his tears wouldn't stop coming out when they had taken her away, but now his tears stopped working. the only one crying was the gloomy gray sky.

While Heizou kept on running his own thoughts mindlessly, a knock was heard. not bothering to answer it, the intruder opened the door, seeing Heizou's back turn towards them.

"Heizou..."

No answer.

"Heizou, you can't stay in your office forever. everyone is worry about you."

No answer again.

Heizou then heard the person sigh softly and slowly walk up to him. their footsteps creaking against the wooden floor, letting him know that they are coming closer. then he felt their hand on his shoulder, "i know it's hard, but we know she wouldn't want you like this."

Slapping their hand away, Heizou ignored their presence as well as his aching chest.

But then Heizou was forced to turned around, making his own green eyes clash with red ones. his green eyes widened as he watch the tears forming in their red eyes.

"Don't think you are the only one grieving here. i know it's sudden and i know you're blaming yourself right now, but there's nothing we can do. she was my friend too, and i already miss her dearly even when she has been missing for 5 years."

Heizou continued on staring at them. the way their eyes held regret and guilt which made Heizou's heart crack even more.

"I had already lost a friend, so think about how i feel when i had heard when i had lost another. in my head, i thought i could do something. my foolish self notice that she was suffering all this time, but i didn't bother to help because she always put on a smile in front of everyone..."