16

"Be careful, they can probably detect any movement

"Be careful, they can probably detect any movement."

Hiding behind a tree, Heizou peeked behind the trunk and watch a white rabbit just staying still on the dirt. Paimon and Aether was behind a different tree as well as the others. it took them a few hours to find a single white rabbit with red eyes because the ones they had found before were already dead, unfortunately.

"Once it starts moving, we quickly follow it," Heizou whispered, making sure the others know what to do.

'Crack!'

Swiftly running away, everyone widened their eyes. "follow it!" Aether shouted as everyone quickly followed the running rabbit.

Chasing after the white rabbit, no one noticed that they were running into an abandoned area in a forest. "where is it!?" Paimon asked as she looked around frantically.

"Over there!"

Pointing at the small white fur that was squeezing in through a hole, Heizou was quickly enough to spot it before the rabbit was gone.

Kneeling down, Heizou was about to reach in only for the hole to close up. sighing frustratedly, Heizou was about to stand up only to hear Ayato speaking.

"I think you would want to see this, detective."

Turning around, Heizou sees everyone specifically looking at something. following their eyes, Heizou sees a small abandoned building. it seems to be that it was hidden and was never taken care of.

"Was this here before?" Paimon asked as she noticed the woods being so old that it looks like it's about to fall apart.

"I-I don't remember seeing this while looking around Inazuma," Heizou said. then Ayato took a step closer and harshly opened the door. waving his hand around from the dusty dirt, Ayato looked inside only to see nothing. no other living beings, no furnitures, nothing weird.

The rest of the group also walked inside. as everyone scattered around to inspect anything suspicious, Heizou stumbled upon something. bending down, he removed the dirt and sees a symbol.

"What's this?" he mumbled to himself as he narrowed his green hues at the odd looking symbol. "everyone! i found something!"

Once Heizou called out to the others, everyone gathered around only to stare at the symbol that Heizou found. "what is that? some sort of mark?" Paimon asked.

"It seems so, but how do we activate it? there has to be a reason why it's here.. unless someone was using it before?" Thoma questioned while pondering anymore possibilities why a strange symbol was in a middle of no where. "i'm sure someone was trying to go to the rabbit hole and it has to be from the fatui," Aether said.

"Why would they want to go to the rabbit hole?" Paimon asked.

"I'm not sure, but do you think it has to do something with (Y/n)?" Aether was now asking which made everyone feel tense. if the fatui is truly involve and they are too searching for (Y/n), then they have to rush this investigation quicker.