CHAPTER 3: Awkwardness and Sensitivity

---------

As the rock was slowly lifted, the human childs' head followed it. Slowly, the water guided it behind the human, and placed it down.

"Why'd you place it there?" the raven-haired asked he turned his head towards the merboy.

The merboy placed his fingers on his chin, pretending to be in thought. "Hmm...well, thanks to this rock, I have gotten the ocean's blessing to meet you! So I'm keeping it!" he squealed with a toothy grin.

Thanks to the merboys' words and face, the human child is beet red. "Is it normal for a human to convert into different shades of colors?" merboy asked crawling closer to the poor tomato.

The human child panicked even further "N-nonono!! I'm j-just feeling hot..!" he told the truth. Ahem- liar-

"That I can solely agree with, the surface is hotter than the deepest depths of the ocean."

"You live that deep in the ocean? Is it not cold down there?" the curious human asked, diverting his thoughts from how close the blue-head was while fanning his still red face. "Yes it is, though it is not much felt as we're cold blooded." Merboy admitted.

...

Silence has engulfed the two. Isn't this just awkward..?  The merboy fidgeted his fingers, lips sealed in a pout. He had just revealed information about his kind. Though it wasn't much, a tiny detail about them could lead them to their demise!

Merboy shifted his gaze to the human child in front of him. He seemed to be in a trance. So he used his state to his advantage and took a chance to examine the raven-head human. He let his curious eyes travel around.

He had raven hair. He had the color of dark coconuts in his doe eyes. The human doesn't have fins as his ears. His skin was clear as day. He lowered his gaze. The merboy internally gasped. OoOOh-

He has-! He has-!! he internally kept repeating in his mind. He gripped his hair with both hands, flailing here and there. It seems our little merboy had forgotten what they call them. 

The raven-head flinched a little by his actions, and his face morphed into confusion. "Uhm, what do you perhaps call those again?" he slowly pointed onto the human's lower body. AhEmM-

"Oh, this?" He held his thighs. "These are my thighs." He slapped his thighs. Slappity slap-

"What about that?" "My knees"

"What about that?" "My feet"

"What about that?" "MY TOES!!" I-

The merboy's eyebrows crumpled. "What?? I don't seem to recall them being named after those?"

"Oh, do you mean my legs?" he asked. The merboy clapped loudly "OHH-!! THAT!!"

"So they're called l-e-g-s.." he weirdly stared at them with fascination. "Can I touch them?" he asked.

The human child flustered by the request, he held his face with both palms, his skin painted red. But he can't seem to reject this one. So he just nodded furiously. Aww gukkieee-

The merboy beamed brighter. He placed both his hands to the ground, and dragged himself closer. He settled down beside the flustered kid. Waving his hands around to get rid of the dirt, which made Jeongguk smile inwardly. In excitement, he covers his mouth with his other hand as he reaches for the untouchable.

Slowly he reached for the so called l e g s, each second his heart is close to exploding. Boop-

"AHHHHHH-" he touched it. The hand that was covering his mouth, went to his other hands' wrist. His hands were terribly shaking.

The raven-head just looked at him amused. But then again, he was a merboy, who has never touched a human, so he just shrugged it off. The merboy seems to be content with poking his legs. Now it's his turn.

He looked to the merboy, who shifted his gaze from his hand to his own eyes. He seemed to get the message so he just nodded with a boxy smile. The raven-head was captivated by a smile. How is that possible?  taEkOOk teLEpathYYY-

A tiny cough snapped him back, the merboy seemed to be a bit flustered by the look in hisdark eyes. The raven head brought his gaze to the tail. He gently put his palm on it. It was smooth. He had imagined it to be slimy or scaly, but no, it was nothing like that. His eyes widened in wonder, his mouth agape. He let his hand caress everything, at the tail's end, and the fins by the side of the merboy's hips.

The merboy trembled a bit, as his fins were sensitive. After a while, the child moved his hands to the fins on the merboy's ears. He softly pressed on it, making the merboy yelp softly. The raven head immediately retracted his hands. Our little merboy was cowering, holding his ears with his tiny hands, a tint of pink on his bread cheeks. No comment.

After seeing this, the human child mumbled a small sorry, and once again, silence has engulfed the two.

---------