CHAPTER 2: Awe and Wonder

---------

Slowly, the raven head opened his eyes after what seemed like hours. In his hazy state, he had no idea where he was or what he was doing. The soft groans and flapping caused him to flinch. His head snapped to the source.

And saw the merboy struggling to push off the huge rock on his tail with his hands. Flashes of scenes filled his head as he widened his eyes. Slowly, he sat up and his hand searched for his dagger while keeping an eye on the merboy. But he couldn't find it.

Feeling that someone was staring at him, the merboy faced the child with a nervous expression. A nervous yet sheepish smile spread across his face. The raven head stiffened, but kept his guard up.

The blue-head asked while twiddling his fingers "Are you-- feeling better child?"

Confusion. That's what the human boy is feeling right now. The way the merboy spoke was.. weird yet clear. With cold eyes and a blank expression, the raven-head discarded his confusion and said nothing. Suspicious of the other's sudden concern, to remind you of what had occurred earlier, he almost killed him.

"I uhh... I didn't mean to harm you. I was just defending myself when you were holding that sharp object and---" he continued as he fiddled with his fingers. The raven-head's eyes were just set on him. Like he hasn't done that before-

He flinched when the blue-head gently patted his cold palm onto the raven-head's cheeks. He normally would just slap it away, but right now, he seems to not have the heart to do so. Why can't I..?

"I'm sorry human...please forgive me" the blue-head asked with sad eyes and a slight pout. The raven-head's face was blank and cold, but it's complete chaos inside of him.

His heart was on the beating faster than time. His stomach felt like it was twisting. He felt lightheaded and hot. And all the kinds of reaction when your crush touches you, but doesn't love you back. (OUCH--) He began sweating profusely. It didn't go unnoticed by the blue-head.

In shock, the blue-head widened his eyes. "O-Oh sharks gas.! You are melting..!" he exclaimed in a panic, putting both his cold palms onto the child's cheeks, squishing them. Idk I just saw a vid of a shark farting so-

"...I'm melting..?" the child asked in confusion. As his right hand touched his forehead, the other grasped onto the blue-head's wrist.

He was sweating. "Oh.. I'm just sweating." the child murmured, getting lost into the deep blue ocean eyes of the blue head. Still holding the older's wrist with his left hand.

The merboy tilted his head. The child assumed the merboy did not know what sweating meant. "Sweating is.. uhmm.. l-liquid your body emits? When you do too much, action..? The child explained. He had no idea. He knows what sweating is, but doesn't really know the exact meaning. Can anyone relate-

The blue-head removed his hands from the child's face, placing his hand on his chest. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he asked "So that's normal for human children, am I right or am I right?" The human child nodded his head hesitantly, still staring at the ethereal boy in front of him. He scanned the merboys' body once more with his eyes. They fell on the tail once more. It was still being crushed by the huge rock. It must be so painful.

The blue-head noticed the child's eyes on his tail. "I know it's pretty, but please restrain yourself" he said with a boxy smile and giggled. The child ripped his eyes from the blue-head's tail and looked away, his face red as a tomato from being caught. Even though he was trembling, he calmed himself (not-) and cleared his throat.

"Your.. t-tail is still.. stuck underneath the rock" the child stated timidly. The blue-head widened his eyes in realization. He had forgotten about it when the child woke up. "Ah, I've been trying to remove this annoyingly huge rock for a while now, but it just won't budge." he said, irritation laced in his voice. 

Staring down at the rock, the child ignored the blabbers of the blue-head. He couldn't carry it nor push it off. His arms aren't buff yet. He snapped his head up when an idea popped up, scaring the wits out of the merboy.

The raven-head clapped his hands loudly "Oh!" causing the blue-head to flinch in surprise. "Can't you use the water?" he asked as he looked into the merboys' deep, alluring eyes as he sat on his feet and pointed at the water.

The merboy stared at the water. The child could see gears turning in the merboys' head. Cute. A few moments passed as the merman clapped his hands, with a big smile. "You're right..! My brain must have brought itself high up in the surface." He chuckled as he gently rubbed the tip of his nose with his finger. 

Biolumescence water is somethun like dis ^^

After raising his hand to the side of the child, the human child watched as glowing water slowly crept onto the land. As the water approached the tail of the merman, it reached the rock and coated it.

Watching the rock slowly be lifted, the child watched in awe and wonder with his mouth agape. Seeing the sparkles in the childs' eyes, the blue-head smiled smugly. Feeling proud and accomplished that a human was amazed at his skills.

---------