CHAPTER 14: Useless Stairs v.s Dried Merboy

---------

As soon as the merboy had his wounds bandaged and prepared. They slowly made their way to the cave's entrance, with a bit of difficulty as the blue-head was complaining about how the sandals he's wearing feel weird and constricting.

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh loudly once they were outside. His eyes have always been drawn to the humans passing by, from ships gliding across the sea to distant figures walking on land. Despite all sea creatures telling him humans are cruel and dangerous, he had never thought of humans as such. It was the absolute law, one of the only laws that all creatures residing in seas agreed to and followed. All but him. Neither was he frightened nor repulsed.Perhaps some humans were cruel and dangerous, but others were pure and kind.His proof is right beside him, holding his hand and keeping him safe.

"This feels very weird.." Taehyung muttered, stomping on the sand with his arms raised. Amused, Jeongguk giggled. However, despite the actions and movement the blue head made, he was still holding his hand.

The human boy promptly let go to raise the hood of the cloak, low enough to cover his hair. As long as he keeps his head down.

"Now remember, this hood must be always be like this even if we are far from the people." he reminded, taking the olders' hands into his. Taehyung noted and even repeated.

Once the merboy now turned human got the hang of walking around, he started dragging the younger to anything and everything he saw, asking millions of questions. Tiring out the poor raven. But he just let him be, he knows he was always fascinated with his world. Plus, he gets to see the older's wide, sparkling eyes full of fascination and wonder.

The two continued to roam around, ranging from the cave's entrance to the forest. Taehyung observed everything his senses could reach. The sounds of insects, the rustling of leaves, the crunch every time he takes a step.

The world on land is amazing. There was so much of green and colorful plants. The scent of mud mixed with different scents. In the distance was the distant sound of the ocean's waves. And the warm feeling that enveloped his hand.

He was having so much fun with his little human. But their fun was interrupted by a sound he never thought he'd hear aside from his little human.

Voices!

Hearing them, Jeongguk immediately ducked and hid, dragging Taehyung with him. The younger looked around, and they caught his eyes. It was a bunch of other kids he recognized from his village.

He clicked his tongue, earning a curious look from his crush. The kids were people he didn't really like, they were loud and a bunch of bullies. 

"Do you know them, Gguk?" the older questioned.

The raven looked over at him and whispered. "Yes, and they're not good humans. So, take a good look who and avoid them if you ever come across them.."

Taehyung did as his little human said and nodded. 

Gripping the blue head's hand tighter, the raven slowly and quietly lead him someplace else. Far from them. Once the other kids were out of sight and far, they continued their little adventure. Just a bit more quieter than earlier.

As they tread through the forest, on Taehyung's hand are filled with all sorts of plants and sticks. Flowers sticking out of his hood as he placed some on his hair. Jeongguk just held his hand staring at him amused.

When the blue head continued wandering his eyes, he caught sight of a structure. He stared at it, trying to figure out what it could be. Noticing him, Jeongguk turned his head to the direction where he's staring. He saw one of his city's building. Uh-oh..