CHAPTER 9: Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

---------

Taehyung awoke up that day with a smile. He's been swimming around in his underwater cave, a long way from the beach.

Several friends are wondering what is making this child swim.

A fish was watching the child from the side. Confused he asked a fellow friend, Mr. Crubz.

"Crubz, my friend, do you have an idea as to why this child is swimming about? First thing in the morning too." he asked.

Mr. Crubz just sighed and shook his head. "I should be the one asking that. I have no idea why he's squirming around like this. What did you feed him before he slept?" suspecting that the fish indeed fed him something strange.

"The only thing I fed him was kelp as usual! I didn't feed him anything new!" the fish, Pip defended himself.

The two continued to bicker. In the midst of their banter, they forget about the main reason for their conflict. Taehyung, who's snickering to himself, overhearing their argument.

He just shook his head at the two, and recalled what had happened between him and his human friend yesterday. Their kiss. To others it may seem like a simple peck between friends, but the merboy feels otherwise.

It felt magical.

That simple act between them made Taehyung feel things. It made his heart race. It made him feverish. It made him smile so bright. It made his eyes shine.

Such a brief contact but it left a big impact on him.

He flapped his tail as he held his cheeks. He brushed his hair behind his ear as he bit his lips. It was no use. Smiling ear to ear he let out a small laugh, excited to meet the human boy again.

The merboy turned towards his two friends, Mr. Crubz, and Pip. He just smiled at the two who were still fighting.

He approached towards them and broke their fight. "Now, don't go hurting each other. The day has just started."

Mr. Crubz just huffed as he turned around. "Exactly, the day has just started. Someone has always got to act strange.", he side-eyed the fish and merboy.

"I'm innocent! I am not involved as to why the boy is acting like this!" Pip defended himself again.

"Strange? I'm not acting strange?" confused, Taehyung pointed at himself. He was just here to stop them from slapping and snapping each other. Why's he getting dragged into this?

"Then explain your swimming and squirming all around the cave? And that stupid grin you've had since the moment you woke!"

Ah.

Taehyung just smiled even more. With a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"See see! That!! What you're doing!"

"That behavior young lad is what IS strange!"

Taehyung just laughed, swimming in circles as his friends just stared at him in confusion.

"Did we say anything funny?" Pip whispered to the crab.

"This kid must be losing his mind after spending too much time in the surface." he whispered back.

---

Taehyung hummed as he was exploring around the deeper depths of the ocean with Pip. Pip never really liked swimming this far down. It was always so eerie and dark down here.

He glanced at the merboy, who slightly glowed in the dark. Well, it was dark, but the glow from the boy lightened things up a bit.