CHAPTER 22: His Return

---------

The morning before Mira and Jeongguk met.

Taehyung ran through the forest, his heart beating wildly in his chest. He could hear pacing steps behind him. The person sped through, their breathing as ragged as the person they were chasing.

Taehyung raced on and didn't look back. He knew they would eventually catch him, but he was determined to run as fast as the wind before they did. Leaping over a tree root, he ducked beneath low hanging branches, adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Getting tired of running, he glanced back to see them getting tired. Finally. He mentally prepared himself as he slowed down his pace and turned, running towards the person behind. All of it was too fast, as they were tackled before they had a chance to process.

Due to not reacting as fast, they both fell, hitting the ground hard. The cloaked pursuer swiftly grabbed a small dagger from behind their undergarments.

Luckily Taehyung pushed himself up before the person below could stab him, only cutting off a bit of his hair.

He smirked as he jumped backwards while the other stood. They lunged into action, both covered in grass, mud, and sweat. As they went towards each other, fists and kicks were exchanged, with a bit of some knives too. Taehyung sweeped the other's legs from under him, the other dropping harshly on the ground. They clumsily tried to climb up to his feet but was kicked by the other's foot.

It didn't take long before Taehyung was looking down at his pursuer, a knife up to their throat as Taehyung's hand gripped their wrist. He breathed heavily as he brought down his body on the person's legs, to restrict them from moving further.

Taehyung smiled like a psychopath before swiping the knife through their throat---

Panting, Taehyung sat on the person's legs. He closed his eyes as he took a moment to breath. Taking in what just happened.

"..You're heavy."

He opened his eyes, looking down unimpressed at her. Ridding her hair of leaves and twigs, she fixed her hair as she spoke "You did not go easy on me at all." she grumbled, pushing him off her sore legs. Rolling his eyes, he dusted off some grass on his shirt "You think I would go easy on you, especially after giving me a fright, mum?"

Mira grinned cheekily. "The only thing that you can expect in life is the unexpected, Tae. We won't always just be standing in position, we're bound to move."

Huffing, he looked down at his tattered and dirty clothes. "But my clothes are ruined!" he stomped his foot on the ground. Mira laughed as she walked passed him, patting his head. "I'll just get you some new ones, Tae."

"