CHAPTER 28: Well, That Escalated Quickly

---------

"T-Taehyung."

In an instant, he flinched back, his wide eyes scanning the man who had taken a stumble. The man had a dark, chocolate deep doe eye, with his left eye heavily bandaged. He had an interestingly cute face despite the intimidating muscular body below his neck. He had shoulder-length raven hair that was fashioned half-up with a small braid on the side, and from where he could see, a pair of teeth resembling a certain animal his childhood love had.

Stolide. He is your childhood love. There's no doubt. (Stolide - dummy in Latin)

Taehyung gulped, seeing how his little Ggukkie had grown into this tall and handsome, muscular man. He tried to pull away but the other's grip was firm.

"K-Kindly let go."

"No. You're going to run." Jeongguk stepped closer, leaning closer.

"I won't!" Taehyung backtracked his head, wiggling his arm.

"You just were!"

"Well with you grasping my arm in a very much tight hold I can't now can I?"

"You're slippery."

"What does that even mean?!" Taehyung shrieked, stomping on the raven-head's foot, hard. The motion jolted Min awake.

"Ow!"

Taehyung turned and ran but before he could make it far he felt Jeongguk wrap his hand around his arm.

"Ggukkie!"

....

The feline snapped out of his sleepy daze and looked at Taehyung questioningly. Min wriggled in Taehyung's arms and climbed up to his shoulder, peeking his head out. Letting out a meow of surprise when he saw a familiar human.

"..Just.. let go. I won't run."

In spite of his reluctance, the raven-head released his grip and placed a hand on his flushed nape. Taehyung cleared his throat, fanning his face with his free hand. Great! Just great, you insufferable nebulo! 'Ggukkie'?! Seriously?! (Nebulo - trash in Latin)

A bored Min gazed between them before yawning and curling up on Taehyung's chest. Min, you malum! How dare you leave me in this predicament and go off to dreamland?! I am so not giving you any fish!! (Malum - jerk in Latin)

All he said was ggukkie, yet he's got me all flustered. Hoo! Jeongguk fanboyed inwardly, shyly glancing at the blue-head in front of him. He licked his dry lips and spoke.

"Tae."

Taehyung blinked up at him, clutching Min tight to his chest.

As the two stared at each other, their hearts pounded erratically in unison. People started to peek between the two, who were just standing in the middle of the path, not moving nor speaking, not breathing it seemed.

"Get a move on you two! How long are you boys gonna stand around?!" a man shouted, who seemed to be Arvard. He stomped between the two, startling our boys and making them scoot over to the side, not noticing Arvard's smirk as he glanced back at the pair.

Arvard threw his arms back, skipping his steps while whistling a jolly tune. Finally, you've met each other. Let's see how this pans out. He thought. Arvard glanced up at a roof, sensing someone's presence. He squinted, staring harder. He was interrupted from staring when one of his mortal drinking buddies pulled him into the tavern.