chapter six

Nope I am not doing it

The cd continued playing. Chan-mi held the key in her hands tightly. Camon doesn't be a pussy do it they might be alive, no they have to be alive. Take them to the broadcasting room you have food there.

Chan-mi was terrefied.

What if they are not alive?

" shut up shut up shut up and run!" She chanted in her head as she opened the doors before running as fast as she could. She didn't turn around, this was one of the craziest things she had ever done.

She moved from a safe place, where she had food, water even a computer to get her friends? Chan-mi cursed her stupidity.

15 seconds passed she was on the stairs, and then where the chaos started. Those things were everywhere laying on the floor dead somehow still moving. She guessed it was the zombie logic, which didn't make sense.

She stopped running as she hid in a corner. She took the doors from the closest classroom to cover herself from the zombie squad that was trying to reach the speakers. 

She took the earphones off so she could hear them there were two at least, their teeth clutching, their bones breaking. The footsteps didn't go in 1 2 like normal it was unpredictable. And they smelled like a rotten corpse, not a surprise.

I am an idiot fucking idiot what to do now? Putting her hands over her mouth she slowed down her breathing. They could hear well.

Footsteps were coming closer instead of her slowing down her breathing her plan backfired her heart was now running a whole damn marathon. She usually panicked easily but she never showed it much, now her facade was useless they could still hear her heartbeat, or it was just her guess. Still better be careful with that too.

It was coming for her. She knew it, her hands were shaking as she took the lighter and moved the doors.

" I am not dying this easily"

It looked at her, snarling, and opening its mouth it started going at her. She turned the lights on as she put it into its face the zombie screamed blood fell on her coat from the zombie's mouth then she took the earphones off and in heat of the moment slammed at its head.  Then she pushed it inside the classroom closing the doors.

She ran upstairs going two steps at a time sometimes even three trying to get to her classroom as fast as possible. Chan-mi saw them running at her darling fastly, because of blood her leg almost slipped but she caught herself before falling.

She couldn't stop now. She had so many reasons to live.

She sprinted her chest hurt her from not getting enough air she didn't care she had to see if they were alive.

She climbed the stairs as She glanced behind her the zombies were climbing one over another. She was in front of them by a lot. Taking her shoelaces from her pocket she closed the door tieing it as she saw her dad doing once he was a sailor.

She took a breath before her eyes scanned in front of her lucky these zombies were occupied by radio sounds still. Quickly she found her classroom doors opened.

No, please

She entered an empty classroom that never felt emptier.  She fell on her knees no, please.

A su-hyeok face flashed in her mind. His cheeky smile their glances, how he covered for her when she shoot pen at gwi-name. Maybe she did like him a bit.

Cheong-san too, his chubby cheeks that formed a nice jawline now how they grew up together the weird way they showed they appreciated one another.

Jimin's face, her pretty hair, and somewhat rude and truthful comments that she never minded, her smirk her teasing smile.

In her memories they were alive. They had to be alive here too.

She looked around the classroom there was blood on the floor she tried convincing herself it wasn't her friends, which she didn't find much confronting. Maybe they were outside or in the canteen?  she was trying to make herself believe it.

Scanning the room her eyes fell on a green sticky note. She ran to it and grabbed it harshly, before hiding under some broken desk, not wanting a zombie sneaking out on her.

She knew the handwriting it was Nam-ra. The paper was wet from sweat and a bit bloody but she could read it.

We are at the lab I hope you are still alive we need you Chan-mi

" shit" she muttered as tears ran down her face and a small smile appeared on her face they were alive. And but for that, they are in the lab which meant she had to get one floor down but she tied the doors.

***

The weird groans stopped coming from the speakers. Maybe someone turned it off?

"Students and teachers of Hyosan High School. I'm Park Sun-Hwa, the English teacher. Something strange is happening throughout the school. Sun-Hwa: Some students are attacking others indiscriminately. So please flee and find a safe place."

"Find a safe place my ass" Chan-mi muttered. " at least she is alive."

Sounds zombies can hear well.

Before she knew two zombies entered the not-good blocked classroom. Chan-mi put her hand on her mouth. There was no use of that, they heard her.

Two of them came trashing her table. She quickly stood up, finding new motivation in her she threw a desk at them cursing the shit out of them as his hands shook.

"oh my god" that scared her, it came out of nowhere people without brain is unpredictive. She didn't understand how the virus worked yet all she knew was that it went through bites, she saw it on the video of a nurse. When the nurse bit that guy who filmed he quickly turned too.

"And if any student or faculty hears this and can, please call the police and the fire department"

Their feet were and hands were wiggling while she trapped them with chairs, and desks being a bit too heavy for her.

One arm caught her leg as she fell into the flood. Hissing in pain " fuckers." It wouldn't let her go so she caught the closest broken piece of glass and slashed its hand before standing up.

She was getting used to zombies, kind off.

Looking at a piece of glass as she whipped the blood on the curtain while looking outside of school.

They were everywhere.

"Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out of the school, please get out. I'll say it again. Some students are..."

"Hey, everyone... You're okay, right? You are not hurt?

Hearing her professor worry made her feel a bit comforted, at least Mrs lee was alive and alone too. Looking at the state of the classroom she felt a bit lonely, but weird sounds reminded her that she had two zombies here with her.

She had to thank her for her speech as Chan-mi only encountered two zombies, it was weird there had to be more maybe her group killed them or it was the sound helping them again. 

"I don't know what's going on in here or how this whole thing happened, but... Still, find a safe place and hide."

" I... I'm sorry... I can't help."

***

this chapter is bleh maybe because i got sick i will edit it later