chapter thirty one

Chan-mi noticed Nam-ra struggling, she kept a hold of the girl's hand as she gripped it tightly. " my ears hurt"

Chan-mi couldn't head anything, but she guessed Cambie's senses were acting again. She ripped some fabric from her pants and she put it into the girl's ears. " earphones"

Then suddenly something fell on top of the chan-mi head as she looked up noticing the droplets falling.

" it is fucking raining!" De-su yelled at Chsn-mi and looked at Nam-ra. She put her hands in front trying to collect rain as she opened her mouth. Nora followed her example, chan-mi noticed she didn't collect any.

" not like that dummy," she said as she clasped her hands smiling at the other girl and trying to distract her from the sounds of thunder.

Nam-ra groaned in pain as Chan-mi winced she couldn't listen to her friend in pain. " -let's count together"

" what?" Nam-ra asked confused as she groaned when another thunder went down.

" just follow 1 2 3" they started counting together, as it rained.

***
"If we manage to reach the mountain, we can make it to Yangdong." Chan-mi listened to Cheong-san's plan carefully, she thought it was better to move before even more people get infected, also the rain and thunder were just what they needed to distract zombies.

"I've been hiking there a few times before with my dad," On-jo said.

"Even still, isn't this suicide?" Wu-jin signed.

"I'm not going. I'm scared. What are we gonna do if the zombies catch us?" Hyeryeong asked.

"  It's not like anyone is going to save us if we stay here. We're the only ones who can save ourselves." Cheong-san said as Chan-mi modeled.

" Let's go. If anything goes wrong, I'll scream and lead the zombies away. That way none of you will get hurt, okay? So let's do this." This time Chan-mi didn't agree.

" don't be stupid," Chan-mi told him as she rolled her eyes he is going to try to sacrifice himself again she looked at On-jo poor his future girlfriend.

" Don't say that. Either all of us or no one. We are not leaving anyone aside" su-hyeok said as he glanced at Chan-mi who smiled at him.

" If anyone has to die tonight, it will be me," Cheong-san said stubbornly.

"Because of the rain, all the scents came to me at once. They got mixed up. The rain is really loud too. I'm sure the zombies' senses are dulled." Nam-ra said.

" If that's what a half-bie says, it should be reliable," De-Su said.

" it that is what Nam-ra says we should trust her" Chan-mi corrected him, she wanted them to treat Nam-ra as a person not as a halfbie.

"What's a half-bie?" Su-hyeok asked.

" A half zomb... someone you can rely on," De-su said when he noticed Chen-mi glaring.

"Nam-ra is strong. She'll keep up." De-su said as he glanced at Nam-ra. " Let's take her word and go."

" I'm not strong right now."

"Why not?" Jimin asked her.

" I don't know." Nam-ra looked at her hands.

" I think some of us might not be able to keep pace," Jimin said.

"We can't have anyone fall behind, let's pair up and hold hands. For protection." Cheong-san said as he glanced briefly at on-jo.

Chan-mi clasped NaRa's's hand " we are together I just need to say something to Su-hyeok"

To her surprise when she looked up she saw su-hyeok holding his hand asking her if she will go with him. She gave him an apologetic smile as she showed him her and Nam-Ra's hands.

He modeled as he started walking away. " wait!" She ran towards him.

" I was bitchy before I am sorry" she hugged him. " I apriciate you"

He hugged her back playing with her wet hair a bit "it's okay I get what you mean I am sorry for declaring you pregnant too" he said the last part awkwardly.

She laughed at that punching him in the shoulder " our child would be cute tho"He looked at her surprised.

" Are you drunk? Why are you so nice?" He asked her as he checked her temperature by kissing her forehead. Chan-mi could feel her cheeks getting ready as she pushed him away.

" I am not! Shut up!" She said with a weak smile which made him know she was joking. " but just stay alive okay?" She said as her smile fell into a worried glance.

" sure anything for you," he said as he kissed her on the lips intervening their fingers for a second before letting it go.

Chan-mi stood there her eyes wide from the action.

Su-hyeok then saw that only desu didn't have a pair as he grabbed his hand. " oh bro your girlfriend left you for her friend?" He glanced at Chan-mi and Nam-ra holding hands.

"let's go" su-hyeok ignored him.

***
Cheong-san opened the door of the roof as they slowly walked down the stairs. Chan-mi kept hold of Nam-Ra's hand not letting her go any sec occasionally she checked on Su-hyeok too.

If a few minutes the excited school as they were all laying on the floor crunching down there was a zombie in front.

Chan-mi put Joon-yeong's ass down as it was sticking up.

"Hey" He looked at her as she showed her finger on her lips trying to keep him from talking.

" it was sticking up zombie might bite you" she mouthed at him. 

Joon stopped glaring at her when he saw Su-hyeok glancing between them he just signed annoyed.

" Go along the wall over there," said Cheong-san as the rest covered him quietly. It thundered as Chan-mi saw Nam-ra struggling.

" 457,458" Chan-mi said loud as Nam-ra started counting in her head again. It helped her a lot, as she just let Chan-mi drag her. She trusted her.

They hid behind the truck as suddenly Cheong-san stood up and his face blanched like he saw a ghost. Chan-mi looked at him like he was crazy as she let Nam-ra's hand for a second just so she could walk on her knees to Cheong-san and tap his leg.

He didn't react so she smacked his ass " get down idiot!"

"Is that you, Mom?"