chapter twelve

Mrs lee decided to step up and make a decision since she was the only adult here. Gyeong-su was inside the recording room, they said he should stay for five minutes but he decided to do an hour as he sulked. Sun-hee was going to be put there after she told them what happened,  everyone wanted to hear hers and Chan-mi's story.

Naeyon wanted Chan-mi inside too but said the girl was sleeping and she wasn't injured so there was no reason to isolate her, Nam-ra, Su-hyeok, and De-su were near the girl glaring every time Naeyon got closer.

Meanwhile, Chan-mi woke up. She was now sitting her head leaning on Su-hyeok shoulder as she stared blankly, she was still tired but naeyon screaming woke her up.

Sun-hee was telling them what happened since Chan-mi could barely move. When they got how she stabbed and killed zombies ruthlessly, and with a bit of Sun-hee extra charm from explaining, Su-hyeok looked at the girl who was leaning on him surprised. He always saw Chan-mi as a nice girl, not a fighter, but her words could kill faster than thunder.

" since when you can fight?" He asked surprised.

Chan-mi opened her eyes a bit and then looked at him " since when you can cook?"

Then Naeyon opened her mouth again, Chan-mi already had the urge to fall asleep again " those two should be inside too, what if chan-mi didn't clean their wounds good enough?"

Su-Hyeok looked at Naeyon tired of her nagging. " leave Chan-mi alone she si fine"

" what about sun-hee? She has an open wound too" Chan-mi wasn't sure if Naeyon was even doing this for survival or if she just wanted to get rid of them.

" her wound is cleaned," Chan-mi said again, she wasn't a doctor but cleaning a wound from being infected was some knowledge everyone should have still she doubted Naeyon had it.

Nam-ra had enough too " if they were zombies they would have turned already". Chan-mi looked at Nam-ra, with her hands she made a sign for thanking her.

Nam-ra nodeled at her back. It was their inside joke.

" Sun-hee goes inside with gyeong su please" Mrs lee stood with Neyon. Chan-mi scoffed at obvious favoritism.

She figured it out a while ago that their teachers didn't give two shits about bullying in school, Mrs lee was always a nice teacher but she didn't say anything to naeyon obvious picking on gyeong-su only when everyone else stood to naeyon then she protected her like everyone else were bullies.   

Sun-hee waved at them before entering the classroom she trusted Mrs lee. she was always her favorite teacher. Sun-hee gave Chan-mi a weak smile, she trusted her too and knew that her wound was clean enough, still, to not cause drama she entered the doors.

" but Chan-mi should at least give us the knife what if she turns and kills us all it is not like she is experienced with it" Naeyon wasn't giving up.

" well do you think you are any better at it than me?" Chan-mi raised her hand from Su-Hyeonj's shoulder. She was getting annoyed, she tried her best not to cause a scene but Naeyon seem to want it. 

Su-hyeok tried to hold her down but she gave him a small smile showing that she is fine.

" well maybe n-not m-me but I don't know Cheong-san or De-su" Neyon stuttered a bit scared of another girl.

" I am not as bulky as them and not strong enough, can't I have some protection too isn't it fair that way?" Chan-mi asked Nation.

The nation then turned to Mrs. Lee, every time she didn't know what to say she turned at Mrs lee Chan-mi noted. What bothered her the most was her victim act, it was just annoying that she could never accept her fault and pretend to be innocent.

" Mrs. Lee what about us other girls why shouldn't we have it as well?" Mrs. Lee looked at Chan-mi to hear her argument.

Chan-mi stood up, nobody stopped her.

She got close to Naeyon as she took the knife out of her pocket at then took Neyon's hand-making her open her palm.

" here you got a knife and what are you gonna do with it? Do you know how to hold it?" The nation didn't answer she was scared.

" well I do, because I got at least somewhat experience with it, I am not saying that you can't learn in you can but can you learn it when a zombie is biting your neck?"

Chan-mi got close to her ear" it is all about pressure and the way you react to it"

" I hope you feel safer now"

Then she walked away back into her position with Su-Hyeok putting his arm around her.

Sun-hee who was watching the scene play out through the screen felt shivers down her spine.

" Unnie can be scary when she wants to" Gyeong su who wasn't interested in what was happening noodled. 

Silence followed. Nobody knew what to say, they were tired, bloody, annoyed but alive. And thankful to be fine well almost everyone was thankful.

Su-Hyeok looked at the girl leaning on him " I searched for you" he said.

She looked at him " I searched for you too. Maybe that was why we didn't see each other"

he smiled at her. "Thank you"

She looked at him confused " for what?"

" for staying alive" they held eye contact. Chan-mi felt like her stomach was full of bubbles and they were popping slowly every time making her stomach turn around.

" oh, no problem" she could feel her cheeks burning as she looked away avoiding him.

Cute he thought as he intertwined their fingers. He felt rather bold today he swore he will hide his feelings anymore there was nothing to lose other than their lives.

***
Everyone was still tense but they tried to break the tension with stupid talks.

"Maybe they're drawn to smell. They do always go after you." Woojin concluded.

" I don't smell. " De-su said.

"You sweat a lot, Dae-su," Jimin said.

"I sweat, but I don't smell."

" What kind of logic is that" Chen-mi commented as she accidentally heard their conversation. She was bored so she left Su-Hyeok and went to Nam-ra. She was making little braids for fun.

" must be some good deodorant" On-jo commented even if she was not in the mood she couldn't helo herself. as Nam-ra and Chan-mi exchanged small smiles.

Cheong-san looked at them accidentally hearing their exchange. He looked at his cousin weirdly.

" what can't we sweat too?" She asked him.

He raised his hands " I didn't say anything."

Chan-mi huffed. As Cheong-san made his way to Gyeong-su doors. Then she caught Su-hyeok staring at her too, the second she raised an eyebrow at him. He turned around usually he would tease her but now she could use a knife so like any normal person he pretended he didn't hear anything.

She returned to braiding name perfect hair. " tell me if it hurts"

" okay"

"What's that smell? Your sweat." The sweat conversation continued.

"I think they're more sensitive to sound than smell," Desu said.

"Sound?"

"Yeah, sound."

"his isn't a movie."

" That's just how zombies are, you know?"