chapter thirty five

On-jo started to cry, as Hari covered her mouth with her hand trying to keep her quiet. Chan-mi signed at one tear respect her eye no matter what they did they would always end up in an even worse situation.

She looked at Nam-ra who was just sitting quietly. Then at su-hyeok who leaned his head at the window the rest of the group hoped she will see them tomorrow.

Her eyes accidentally went down as she how they were standing on the first floor. Her breath touched as she hugged her knee closer the adrenaline left her body and now there was No way she is jumping down. 

"Damn it. Nothing is working out. We keep hitting dead ends" min jin said as she just read Chan-mi's mind.

"Would you just be quiet? It's your fault Joon-Yeong died." De-su glared at Min-jin.

"Dae-su. Don't." Wu-jin said.

" If you hadn't bitched at him and just shut up, he would never have jumped out there." De-su continued accusing Min-jin.

" Okay. It is my fault. Happy? Are you happy, asshоlе?" Min-jin asked De-su.

" it is not her fault. It is a lot like she is a God who can decide and know what Joon-Yeong was thinking." Chan-mi butted in having enough of De-Su accusing bullshit.

" are you taking side with his killer? No actually you never liked him and you don't care about anyone else than some girl you met like two hours ago and now she is dead congratulations" desu continued as he made Chan-mi glare at him.

She felt hurt, it was not like she was a heartless person who didn't care about anyone. But she had the mindset that dead is dead no matter what I do they will stay dead so I better move on. It worked well for her.

" hey, this is going too far" su-hyeok jumped in.

" look all of us have someone who died so you haminingve no right to take your anger on min jin and me sometimes it is better to shut up," chan-mi told him as she gave him a fake smile before turning her head away.

" thank you girl I don't know the name" Min-jin thanked Chan-mi who noodled back at her.

" it is chan-mi," she said as she turned her head away leaning on Nam-ra.

"You give it rest too. Dae-su. What does it matter who's responsible for someone's death? What does living and dying even mean? I don't know. If we make it out, will it be living? Hey, you know our friends died. And our parents too. What's the point?" Eu-jin rambled a bit going into some deep psychological questions.

"Do you wanna die? Then will you die? Try being a senior. Then you'll really wanna die." Min-jin told him.

"Yeah, big deal, you're a senior." Wu-jin mocked her.

" You try being one. You'll see what it's like. You kids. You better survive till next year and see what it's like being seniors.  Survive until next year and tell me which is harder, zombies or senior year." Min-jin said.

"Mi-jin. Let's go." Walked towards mining as she ordered.

"Where? Why?" Min-jin asked confused.

" Let's look for a good spot where we can jump off. We're the oldest."

"Sure. Whatever. It's not like we get any respect." Min-jin muttered as she looked at De-Su and wu-jin.

"I'll go this way. You go that way." She ordered as she walks in another way.

" She's so cool," Min-jin muttered as she stood up, but su-hyeok stood up too saying he wanted to go.

" Stay down, kid." He didn't move to want to go instead.

Annoyed she looked at Chan-mi who was doing absolutely nothing. " is this your boyfriend? You should teach him some respect"

She did a fake hit as he dodged. Chan-mi was looking at the situation in front of her with amusement. "You little... Get away." Min-jin walked past him as he sat down next to chan-mi.

De-su's words repeated in her head. " guys am I that bad?" She frowned as she looked at Nam-ra and Su-hyeok who were sitting on her both sides.

" no," they both said as they looked at each other slowly when they said it.

" yay thanks, I just want you two to know I appreciate you," she said as she looked at the two of them.

" so let's survive together," she said as she clasped her left hand with her best friend and right hand with a guy she liked.

***
After a while, Su-hyeok fell asleep on Chan-mi's shoulder while lather was a bit too afraid to fall asleep because of the high. She continued staring at the sky.

Then she heard Nam-ra fast breathing she turned around to see Nam-ra staring at her neck before the girl shook her head and turned around.

" Nam-ra?" She looked as her best friend bit her hand so hard that there was blood going down.

She hugged the girl from behind trying to comfort her as Nam-ra started to cry. " next time this happens put this inside your mouth" she took her jacket off and she gave it to Nam-ra.

" just don't harm yourself okay?" She asked her as she leaned her head on Nam-rat's shoulder.

Another girl calmed down a bit " I will try" she offered her a weak smile.

She will try " okay that is good" chan-mi breathed " that is good" she repeated.

Su-hyeok woke up as he looked at Chan-mi when he noticed Nam-Ra's eye being bloody again. " what happened?"

" she.. wanted to bite me. give me that" she took the fabric from him as she tried it carefully over Nam-Ra's eye not giving him a chance to comment.

***
Min-jin and Hari returned with no solution there were too many zombies to jump down and they would die immediately. But they did find a door that lead to the mountain.

"Can't we reach the roof if we use that and the windows? If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow them. Then I'm pretty sure it'll empty in there, and the rest can escape." Chan-mi immediately glared at Cheong-san when she realized what was he trying to say.

"I think it can work." Su-hyeok agreed as than-mi kicked his leg.

"No." On-jo and Chan-mi said as two looked at each other done with guys they like to sacrifice themselves.

" If that's the only way..."

"I said no. Please stop sacrificing yourselves." On-jo said as everyone else voiced out that they agree with her.

"Then we should just wait for now." Min-jin sighed.

" And then what? Do you have a plan?" Asked her.

" Maybe if it rains again, they won't be able to hear us." Min-jin looked up in the sky.

" It's way too clear." Chan-mi looked up at the bluish sky the fifth time and nothing changed there was no trace of a thunderstorm coming any soon.

"Hear that? What? They're saying to take cover." Nam-ra said as all heads snapped in her direction.

"Who is?"

"We need to take cover. There will be explosions." Nam-ra continued as chan-mi tried to hear what was heard but there was no one near.

" What do you mean explosions? Are you sure about that?" Everyone anxiously waited for an answer.

"Hyosan Intersection, Future College...  ...and also our school will be blown up."